• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Art for sale on HA (Garcia Lopez/Nowlan, Romita Jr/Williamson

5 posts in this topic

Large Art for sale on HA (Garcia Lopez/Nowlan, Romita Jr/Williamson

Hi, folks:

Well, just about a week to go before the Heritage Live auction begins so I thought I'd highlight the Oversized artwork I've consigned to the auction and will continue to add to this thread as time permits.

First up is this larger-than-twice-up page from Wednesday's Heroes (DC, 2009), featuring the Metal Men, penciled by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez and inked by Kevin Nowlan.  The artists' individual work is wonderful, but together, they are even better.  I had entertained the notion of putting this entire story together again, and had 4 pages at one time, but decided to bow out of the hunt, and this is my last page.  Hopefully, it will go to a good home.

Artwork is pencil and ink on bright white 19x26 Bristol board with an image area of 15" x 22.5".  It is HUUUUGE (thumbsu and would look very impressive framed.

Here's the link to the HA auction: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jose-luis-garcia-lopez-and-kevin-nowlan-wednesday-comics-5-metal-men-page-original-art-dc-2009-/a/7163-94527.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

And here's the page:

lopez Wednesdays Heroes 5 metal men 2009.jpg

Up next is the Tom Sutton Haunted Love #10 Cover Painting (Oil paint on 14x18 stretched canvas) published by Charlton Comics in 1975, towards the waning days of the Gothic Romance popularity.  Tom started working for Warren Publishing in the late 1960's in Eerie, Vampirella and other titles before focusing his attention to Marvel, where he inked and/or penciled Warlock, Not Brand Echh, Werewolf by Night, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, and Planet of the Apes.  Sometime during the Mid -70's, Tom moved to Connecticut and focused much of his energy towards Charlton titles such as Ghost Manor, Midnight Tales, Monster Hunters, The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves, and a host of others, including Haunted Love.  He then moved to DC and penciled numerous issues of House of Mystery and Star Trek.

Here's the link to the Heritage Auction: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/tom-sutton-haunted-love-10-cover-painting-original-art-charlton-1975-/a/7163-94725.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

And here's a scan of the cover painting:

sUTTON.jpg

The Daredevil Man Without Fear mini-series has always been a personal favorite of mine and its hard to believe its been nearly 25 years since it was first published, but this series has given DD fans so much.  In addition to the wonderful Miller/Romita Jr/Williamson collaboration, the series expands Matt's origin, his days in college with Foggy, and his intense romance with Elektra, and also, his first act as a vigilante, as demonstrated here, from issue #2p4, whereby a young Matt Murdock seeks out and finds one of his father's killers and extracts a can of whoop @ss on him!

This page is rendered in pencil and india ink on oversized 15x20 artboard, with an image area of 10.5x15, and is signed by Romita Jr.

Here's the link to the Heritage Auction: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/john-romita-jr-and-al-williamson-daredevil-the-man-without-fear-2-page-4-original-art-marvel-1993-/a/7163-94687.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

And here's a scan of the page:

Romita Jr DDMWOF 2p4.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, is DD Man Without Fear #2p6.  Young Matt Murdoch wins!

Here's the link to the Heritage Auction: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/john-romita-jr-and-al-williamson-daredevil-the-man-without-fear-2-page-6-original-art-marvel-1993-/a/7163-94688.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

And here's a scan of the page:

Romita Jr DDMWOF 2p6.jpg