• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Jungle Comics #1 - PRICE DROP!!!!
2 2

22 posts in this topic

Soft-Serve's WHAT IS HE THINKING? Sale

Why: (I'm selling them)
Gotta fund a grail, so these books (sadly) have to go. So I'm happy to listen to offers, but with rarities like these,  I wouldn't wait too long before pulling the trigger. ;)

How: (you can buy them)
First takeit (icon, words, implied meaning, wink, nudge) posted publicly or privately wins over any PM negotiations that haven't been sealed with "it's a deal". Them's the rules.   

Who: (can't buy them)
No Shady characters please. This includes: Hall of Shamers, Probies, Intergalactic Dictators, or Chicago parking police (I'm flexible on that last one...)

When: (you pay, you get comics)
Shipping* is $4 flat for any group of singles up to 7, $1/book thereafter.   First class shipping for up to 2 books, Media mail for 3 or more for all others. Priority (extra $5) & insurance optional as well. (about $5/book or bundle)

For books over $1000, Priority shipping is required and set at $12. Insurance optional and extra.

Payment via Paypal only please. Int'l shipping will be actual cost. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt of book, email notification required.

THANKS!

Edited by Soft-Serve

Jungle Comics #23 VF/NM $SOLD

This is a stunning copy, I've never seen better. Excellent PQ, flat and glossy overall. The gold on the cover can't be conveyed in this scan. I'm being conservative on the grade as the sole issue with this book is a printing defect that affects the top of pages 47-50. (Wraps 8 & 9). It would seem that, in a few spots, the tops of those two wraps were connect and trimmed poorly. As a result, the two were torn apart leaving some chunks out of wrap 8, and added to wrap 9) Also a 2"tear on wrap 9 for the same reason. Because this is very obviously a manufacturer's error, I'm positive the book would receive a blue label. With a press, there's a very good chance this book would be the highest graded copy, easy. 

Fiction%20House%20-%20Jungle%20Comics%20

Edited by Soft-Serve

Jungle Comics #3 VG/FN (Apparent) $350

What we've got here and an excellent-presenting issue of a Iger classic cover. This book has two pieces of tape interior (sealing edge tears), also missing 1/3 of the right centerfold page (torn), affects story. 1/2" lower spine split, popped lower staple. Despite this, the book is flat, glossy, and color saturated.  Interior PQ is excellent. 

Edited by Soft-Serve

Jungle Comics #2 - GD  $SOLD

Awesome Iger cover! (great strong female protagonist!) Not a book you see very often! Great PQ interior. Old tape on spine, re-stapled. As a result, this is a really solid copy. Highly readable. Flat! Has a great Planet #1 and Fight #1 advertisement inside back cover. 

Edited by Soft-Serve

Planet #1 - GD/VG $SOLD 

Major GA Key. First dedicated Scifi comic and an Iger classic. It has a detached cover and cf, but pretty good PQ. Very supple with nice colors. Spine is split 2-1/4" from bottom, and there is a edge tear/chad on the right side of cover.  (Still attached). Small piece out back, near upper staple. No tape, no resto. It is pressed, and subsequently is a really nice flat copy with no spine roll. As you can see, the colors are excellent and this book presents very well. 

A very similar copy sold at Heritage back in Feb for $2150. The VG+ in CC's spring auction went for $4300. This book is hot hot right now. 

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20

Edited by Soft-Serve

1. Aaaaannd the Grand Finale......

Jungle Comics #1 - 9.4 - Restored - was $4800 NOW $4400

Hello all, I've got a real killer book here and am only selling to fund a recent purchase. This book has restoration, but don't let that keep you from owning a gorgeous Key book. From what I can tell, this is light leaf casting (upper/lower spine corners), moderate color touch (upper/lower spine, mid-spine on tree, red areas on spine), a re-attched back corner, and possibly cover cleaning. No trimming at all  (original printer's registration is still visible), staples look original, likely cleaned. Small scrape or filled hole on the "N". The work was obviously done by a professional and the result is nothing short of spectacular. I don't think you'll find a nicer copy outside the Church copy, for a fraction of the price. Interior is supple and solid and the colors are wild. This book appears to be full size and not trimmed. (see 9.6 Church copy that sold for $47k a few years ago) Measurements are 7.32"x 10.37" (186mm x 263.5mm). White pages and gorgeous.  More Pictures on request....

Edited by Soft-Serve

9 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

Planet #1 - GD/VG $2100

Major GA Key. First dedicated Scifi comic and an Iger classic. It has a detached cover and cf, but pretty good PQ. Very supple with nice colors. Spine is split 2-1/4" from bottom, and there is a edge tear/chad on the right side of cover.  (Still attached). Small piece out back, near upper staple. No tape, no resto. It is pressed, and subsequently is a really nice flat copy with no spine roll. As you can see, the colors are excellent and this book presents very well. 

A very similar copy sold at Heritage back in Feb for $2150. The VG+ in CC's spring auction went for $4300. This book is hot hot right now. 

:takeit:

My original comments seem to have dissapeared, so I will repost again.  Nice to see a Planet #1 for sale on these boards.  Congratulations Rick as well on the Planet #1 pick upWow, not often you see Planet #1 offered up for sale here ?   Congratulations on the pick up Rick, a nice solid copy!

Edited by jhutton2