• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

47th Overstreet 2017 SA Keys: Hierarchy change predictions!
1 1

60 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2017 at 8:57 PM, G.A.tor said:

I've sold 4 copies in the past year...easy book to sell...demand outweighs supply...2.5 or 4.0 or 6.0, it sells more per point than sc 22 or avg 1...though I think sc 22 is on the uptick again

Please PM me!  I am looking for upgrade my OAAW #83.  Look for 7.0 or better.

On 5/16/2017 at 2:31 PM, Knightsofold said:

There should be a low/entry level 1.0-3.0 top list as well.  At first glance I feel it would be different than the NM.

Off the top of my head I'd say:

1. AF15

2. SC4

3.Hulk1

4. ASM1

5. TOS39

6. JIM83

7. FF1

8. BB28

9. X-men 1

10. Aven1

I'll look at overstreet's 2.0 grade to see if it's the same rank as their 20.

thoughts?

Good rank.

Also

Has FF#1 lost that much interest when ASM#1 is considered a better bet? 

On 5/14/2017 at 8:57 PM, G.A.tor said:

I've sold 4 copies in the past year...easy book to sell...demand outweighs supply...2.5 or 4.0 or 6.0, it sells more per point than sc 22 or avg 1...though I think sc 22 is on the uptick again

Drawing a blank -what's  OAAW 83 ?

Edited by Chicago Boy

8 hours ago, elibowman said:

Surely someone has one in hand by now? Mine is *supposed* to be delivered by Amazon on Wednesday.

Why is Amazon 2 full weeks behind on their shipping?  :censored:

Aren't they supposed to have same day delivery for the major city centres and I would expect not much longer than that for the rest of the country?  hm

13 hours ago, elibowman said:

Surely someone has one in hand by now? Mine is *supposed* to be delivered by Amazon on Wednesday.

Okay, since yours is not getting here until Wednesday.  :taptaptap:

Took a quick look at the SA Top 10 rankings and it looks like there are no changes except that TOS 39 has now caught up to X-Men 1 with both of them tied for 9th spot at $48K.  :gossip:

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Aren't they supposed to have same day delivery for the major city centres and I would expect not much longer than that for the rest of the country?  hm

Well....I didn't actually order mine until this weekend. :flamed:

1 hour ago, elibowman said:
12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well....I didn't actually order mine until this weekend. :flamed:

Oh, now that makes sense.  (thumbsu

Anyways, it looks like the 2 biggest absolute dollar gainers on Overstreet's SA Top 50 Chart was AF 15 which went up by $90K from $260K up to $350K, and then followed by Hulk 1 which went from $180K up to $240K for a $60K increase in valuation.  Definitely no surprise here with these 2 books. 

The 2 biggest percentage gainers were both at 43% and they were Action 242 which went up form $14K up to $20K and also TTA 13 which went from $5,600 up to $8,000. 

11 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I'm surprised to see the Adventure #247 get such a big jump.  I mean, I'm a huge LSH fan- but I thought interest in the Legion was about as dead as it ever has been right now.

To be fair though, a 9.2 would sell for way above the NM- price (even after a $4k jump this year).  Same could be said for every DC on that list really.  

1 hour ago, Action252Kid said:
13 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I'm surprised to see the Adventure #247 get such a big jump.  I mean, I'm a huge LSH fan- but I thought interest in the Legion was about as dead as it ever has been right now.

To be fair though, a 9.2 would sell for way above the NM- price (even after a $4k jump this year).  Same could be said for every DC on that list really.  

+1

I've always thought that the LSH run and Adv 247 in particular was a highly underappreciated and undervalued SA run.

Maybe this little jump also has a bit to do with TV hype since Mon-el was pretty well a fixture on this current season of Supergirl.  So, you never know who else might pop up in the near future since there is a whole stable of characters which DC can draw upon right from the LSH itself.  hm

22 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

I've always thought that the LSH run and Adv 247 in particular was a highly underappreciated and undervalued SA run.

Maybe this little jump also has a bit to do with TV hype since Mon-el was pretty well a fixture on this current season of Supergirl.  So, you never know who else might pop up in the near future since there is a whole stable of characters which DC can draw upon right from the LSH itself.  hm

It is also a scarcity thing with Adventure 247 + iconic cover .....

5 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

It is also a scarcity thing with Adventure 247 + iconic cover .....

+1

Definitely very much the case since I had been searching for one way back in the day, but never ever lucky enough to come across one in the wild.  :frown:

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Only relevance is that Wizard always attempted to keep up with prices on the current hot books of the day which sounds like what you was looking for in terms of a price guide.  (shrug)

As you have correctly pointed out, however, it is actually not possible for a printed format of a price guide to ever be right on top of current actual prices in the marketplace.  (thumbsu

11 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

I've never really understood the significant attraction to Our Army At War 83. Can someone explain the significance?

First true appearance of Sgt. Rock, the single most prominent character and icon, by far, of an entire genre of comic books. It's the Action Comics #1 of war books. And it's by the definitive war artist, Joe Kubert. 

Just now, JTLarsen said:

First true appearance of Sgt. Rock, the single most prominent character and icon, by far, of an entire genre of comic books. It's the Action Comics #1 of war books. And it's by the definitive war artist, Joe Kubert. 

Thank you! I was aware of Sgt. Rock, but not his significance. I never pieced together the artist either.

40 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:
41 minutes ago, JTLarsen said:

Thank you! I was aware of Sgt. Rock, but not his significance. I never pieced together the artist either.

+1

And an almost impossible book to find in grade, with the CGC census population report indicating only 1 highest graded copy at CGC 9.0 with all other graded copies at CGC 8.0 and below.  :gossip:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

And an almost impossible book to find in grade, with the CGC census population report indicating only 1 highest graded copy at CGC 9.0 with all other graded copies at CGC 8.0 and below.  :gossip:

True, though I wouldn't want to say that explains the attraction. It certainly helps explain the intensity around the search for it--and the prices. But I tend to think its importance and fundamental draw would've been there without its grade-rarity. Hell, I'd guess the grade rarity only became clear because so many people decided they wanted it in the first place.