• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Store employee / owner dies after robbery
1 1

59 posts in this topic

Comic Store employee / owner dies after robbery

This is sad. I have no idea what the store was but its not the greatest situation.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/oklahoma-children-find-california-cat-lost-during-cross-country-trip/9648209

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —

An older man suffered critical injuries and later died on Friday afternoon as he tried to stop a suspected thief at his comic book store, Kansas City police said.

The theft happened about 12:40 p.m. the 3900 block of Walnut Street. It was initially reported as a carjacking, but police at the scene said that was not the case.

Police Capt. Stacey Graves said the older man ran out of the store to confront the man, who had jumped into a white hatchback.

The owner was yelling "hey, he stole from me," witnesses told KMBC 9 News.

Authorities said the older man was hit by the vehicle's door. Witnesses said he fell to the ground and hit his head.

He was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries and died.

No arrests have been made.

Witnesses said the suspect appeared to be bald, in his mid-40s and wearing white basketball shoes and glasses.

Bet that thief is *spooning* rivets right now.  Shouldnt take long to track him down.

Just now, kav said:

Bet that thief is *spooning* rivets right now.  Shouldnt take long to track him down.

I am hoping the damn 911 system is spooning themselves working on a better system where someone doesn't bleed to death on hold

Just now, Not*Sure* said:

I am hoping the damn 911 system is spooning themselves working on a better system where someone doesn't bleed to death on hold

Abuse of 911 leads to many such incidents.  Pls folks dont call 911 because you didnt get your chicken nuggets or your kid is acting up.

Sad to know that he died from that like this. I hope the scumbags got arrested and throw in jail for life. The store owner is someone I can relate with like the local comic book store I frequented to get my new comics. I am surprised that his store had its 50th anniversary, that shows how good his store is.