• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My BB28?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Is the top staple missing? Bottom staple looks like it's almost out. Pretty worn, I would give it a 2.5-3.0 tops. That being said its probably only worth 5 bucks so you should sell it to me :bigsmile: great issue though definitely get it cgc (its worth more than 5 bucks lol)

3 hours ago, Justin423 said:

Is the top staple missing? Bottom staple looks like it's almost out. Pretty worn, I would give it a 2.5-3.0 tops. That being said its probably only worth 5 bucks so you should sell it to me :bigsmile: great issue though definitely get it cgc (its worth more than 5 bucks lol)

Good catch on that top staple, it sure looks detached. These 'what is the highest possible grade' inquiries befuddle me as we all know it depends on the rest of the book. Without knowing what the Back cover looks like, I just don't see this any higher than a 3.0, tops.  I don't think CGC would give a Green Label for the detached staple at this level, so it would go against the grade = if the top staple is detached make it 2.5 tops. The bottom of the spine also looks 'funny', maybe a spine split ?

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Good catch on that top staple, it sure looks detached. These 'what is the highest possible grade' inquiries befuddle me as we all know it depends on the rest of the book. Without knowing what the Back cover looks like, I just don't see this any higher than a 3.0, tops.  I don't think CGC would give a Green Label for the detached staple at this level, so it would go against the grade = if the top staple is detached make it 2.5 tops. The bottom of the spine also looks 'funny', maybe a spine split ?

Wow I hadn't even noticed that, and you're talking about my good catch lol. I really don't think he would get a green label either, but its definitely a split at the bottom, heavy water damage probably? I agree it is hard to grade off just front cover but I just work with what I've got and assume the rest is there.

Hey All, top staple is not detached, it's just misaligned and is on the back. Both staples are actually attached without issue. It is currently with CGC so I'll let you all know what it ends up coming back as.

Edited by LDarkseid1

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I think it'll really get dinged for the water damage.  I'm going to say 2.5, however it's a really nice looking 2.5.

Honestly I would be STOKED if it gets a 2.0 or above, and thanks for the compliment :). I agree it's solid looking for the grade it will likely get.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 5/17/2017 at 3:28 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Honestly I would be STOKED if it gets a 2.0 or above, and thanks for the compliment :). I agree it's solid looking for the grade it will likely get.

2.0 should be no problem

17 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Well I ended up with a 1.8. I really thought it would be atleast a 2.0 as well. 

That seems harsh.