• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has it really come down to this?

23 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Some lying insufficiently_thoughtful_person asking an absurd price for some POS on eBay? It came down to that a looooong time ago. (shrug)

40 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
13 hours ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Some lying insufficiently_thoughtful_person asking an absurd price for some POS on eBay? It came down to that a looooong time ago. (shrug)

Exactly.  No one should be surprised by this.

There was something similar to this posted over in Bronze Age a while ago.  

Deservedly mocked, of course.

Edited by Ken Aldred

13 minutes ago, mrc said:

If a book or page warrants a NG then why even allow it to be encapsulated?

In this case to authenticate the signatures.  Basically the Yellow label is what I would be buying this for, not the grade.

8 minutes ago, DougC said:

The only thing I see wrong with this is the price.

I agree but when the Marvel Preview full book in CGC doesn't mention the ad, it could be tempting, the sig of Herb Trimpe is a +

It would go for some change if the label said anything...but they'd have to do it for every ad, which they wouldn't do...

It would still bring in some change if it was an auction, or at least close to what was paid for the sig's....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

This is what this grading and fads do, it's all about money and people will buy anything to own some fad or popular desired thing and people will do anything to make a buck off of it. I don't blame anyone, I would do this if i could make a good buck off it or piece out a action comics #1 or something. Why not? some sucker will buy it a page and pay a lot for it because it is popular and desired.