• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez Health Update and convention cancellations

5 posts in this topic

George Perez Health Update and convention cancellations

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 12, 2017

George Perez

Represented by :

Spencer R. Beck

The Artist’s Choice

www.Theartistschoice.com

Re : George Pérez Health Update & Convention Appearances

Hello again.

First of all I want to once again thank all the wonderful people who have sent me good wishes, positive thoughts and prayers regarding my recent heart attack. Although I feel much better now after the two operations, I have been warned by my cardiologist about the pitfalls of being too complacent or overconfident.
I have been reminded that my heart has been injured and weakened and that it will take time and patience to fully heal. My doctors (and my understandably frightened wife) were especially and specifically adamant about my need to avoid flying and participating in the marathon sketching and signing sessions I have done for so many years. It’s just more than my body can take, at least for the next several months. I am being set up for some cardio-rehab sessions and have hooked up with a new endocrinologist to help manage my diabetes. I'm also still undergoing treatments for my eyes as well, so it is going to be a pretty extensive overhaul for me, with the hopes of coming out a much improved version of my current self.

This harsh slap of reality is very stinging, but it is unavoidable. I'm a man of limitations right now and those limitations mean that I will now have to disappoint a lot of fans and cause major inconvenience to a lot of convention organizers who relied on me to help bolster attendance at their functions.

I hate this, I really do. I feel so much better than when I had the attack, but I'm not as healed as I felt I was. My engine is damaged and needs time to be repaired.

So, as should come as no surprise to anyone reading this now, I am forced, under doctor’s orders to cancel all conventions for at least the rest of the year. I've already contacted all the organizers, who were extremely kind and understanding, and they will be making announcements of their own once this update is made public.

I have also had to cancel other more personal travels, like a vacation with my wife in New York (including seeing Glenn Close in SUNSET BOULEVARD) and a wedding of a young couple closer than family to me. To put it mildly, this sucks. But, it’s what needs to be done right now if I'm ever to return to the convention circuit again (albeit at a slower pace).

One exception is an appearance at a charity event supporting the LOVE IS LOVE project to be held during MegaCon on Friday, May 26th between 6:30 & 7:30 (creators only) and 7:30 to 10 PM for paid attendees (limit of 150 tickets). I will only be signing & chatting only ( no sketches, sorry ), but it’s for a good cause and I hope I get to see a good number of fans there.

I have had a good life, and still do, and this is just a bump in the road. With proper maintenance the ruts in the road will be smoothed out. But until then, there is work I must do, and with the support and love of my wife, family, friends and fans, I will see you all again real soon!

Sincerely,
George Pérez

I hope he takes all the time his body needs and then a little more. Truly a class act and I hope he continues to recuperate and improve his health.