• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starlin and CGC
1 1

87 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Pirate said:

If it wasn't a CGC witness, then it was a facilitator.   Not really hard to deduce.  This type of stuff has to stop.

By a general blanket statement like this you are attacking every facilitator out there. You don't have enough info to go off of to say it was a facilitator.

5 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

By a general blanket statement like this you are attacking every facilitator out there. You don't have enough info to go off of to say it was a facilitator.

I agree. Starlin acted on emotions, and it's being fueled by his fan base.

5 hours ago, fullerjason said:

I don't believe there was an exclusive deal with a facilitator. Mr. Starlin just started charging $5 per book on his own for graded books and failed to collect payment from the person requesting the sigs. Mr. Starlin then went to CGCs booth after not collecting the fee to get the persons information and was told that was against policy. Then everything snowballed.....

That was the customer service failure.  If it was a booth witness, they should have told him they would check  into it and privately get the issue corrected and make sure Jim got paid.  Whether or not Starlin went off the deep end, was his fault or he was having a bad day, do something.

16 minutes ago, Pirate said:

I have no agenda in this anymore.  I call it like I see it.  I have known the majority of the facilitators for a long time, they are solid businessmen, so I'm not attacking.  You seem to have a hard on for me, not sure why.  Jim believes he got screwed.  CGC should have handled it immediately when he first went to the booth.  CGC employees who witness I hope have some leeway to help customers/creators, they did when I was doing it.    If it wasn't a CGC witness, then it was a facilitator.   Not really hard to deduce.  This type of stuff has to stop.

I miss the days when you posted more.  :cloud9:

1 minute ago, A-DONIS said:

I agree. Starlin acted on emotions, and it's being fueled by his fan base.

I was not attacking facilitators, I was saying someone who was involved pay Starlin.  I did an assumption (yea umption ) that if it was CGC booth that it would have been corrected immediately which it wasn't, so I assumed it was a Facilitator.

Why does anyone say that it would be a legal risk to disclose the customer's data?  Bad customer service maybe, but not illegal or something they get sued over. 

Now this is getting ugly, CGC could have handled this differently. Just paid him what he wanted when he showed up angry as hell at their booth and worked out with the customer later. With the Infinity war movie about to hit and the amount of peeps wanting his sig? Just doesn't make sense....

I think I have recognized an underlying resentment from creators for quite some time now, wether it is justified or not doesn't matter. This could snowball into changing the way fundamentally this is handled? Could a grading company pay a creator a small percentage for every book authenticated and then those costs extended to the customer? Who knows... but I smell change in the air.....

Edited by Define999

27 minutes ago, Define999 said:

I think I have recognized an underlying resentment from creators for quite some time now, wether it is justified or not doesn't matter. This could snowball into changing the way fundamentally this is handled? Could a grading company pay a creator a small percentage for every book authenticated and the those costs extended to the customer? Who knows... but I smell change in the air.....

I agree with you on this one -- when I first met Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, they signed a stack of books for me to CGC. I asked if they charged at all, and they said: "Nope! We love CGC, and they're getting people to buy our books."

They've since changed their stance on it -- not that it's a bad thing, but it seems like creators feel like they're getting stiffed. I think creators need to be educated on Signature Series -- that it's a great service for collectors. Yes, some people flip and make a quick buck, but that has nothing to do with CGC who provides witnesses and authentication services. 

On 5/15/2017 at 6:56 AM, fullerjason said:

I don't believe there was an exclusive deal with a facilitator. Mr. Starlin just started charging $5 per book on his own for graded books and failed to collect payment from the person requesting the sigs. Mr. Starlin then went to CGCs booth after not collecting the fee to get the persons information and was told that was against policy. Then everything snowballed.....

Starlin said it was $10 a signature in his fb post. My buddy that was there said he told him it was $20 for CGC Signature. The guy is talented...but maybe getting a little old now?....

Can we please stop making the assumption that CGC did anything wrong here?  Customers information HAS to be protected in some form.  I strongly believe that Mr. starlin's feelings towards CGC are being flamed on by his anti-CGC followers and close friends.

Give it time and let things work out.

29 minutes ago, A-DONIS said:

Can we please stop making the assumption that CGC did anything wrong here?  Customers information HAS to be protected in some form.  I strongly believe that Mr. starlin's feelings towards CGC are being flamed on by his anti-CGC followers and close friends.

Adonis this is how I see it.

Maybe Jim is tired of shows right now and just needed a convenient excuse

Jim do you have your show appearances posted anywhere?

3 3
Comments
Jim Starlin
Jim Starlin Not going to be doing anymore Con appearances for a while.
Tim Finnerty
Tim Finnerty Too bad... you were always very accommodating and nice to your fans. We'll miss ya at Baltimore Comic Con.
Mark Stong
Mark Stong Not Baltimore that was a staple for you!
Chandler Rice
Chandler Rice I just saw you will be at the North Dallas show in July?
Jim Starlin
Jim Starlin Had to cancel out on that show.
Chandler Rice
Chandler Rice Oh ok. I would love to bring you to our show in Las Vegas next February.

6 hours ago, A-DONIS said:

well, I don't think CGC did much right here either. Miscommunication with a creator is important.