• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Starlin hates CGC!
3 3

819 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I love Jim Starlin.

If all I ever got to read that he wrote was Silver Surfer #34-50, I'd love him just as much.

It's just that good.

If you haven't red it, you are greatly missing out, I promise.

I don't recommend that people red it because that would be color touch.

15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

DC comics presents #26! ;)

You got there before me.  How I miss "Guess the Cover" games.  

23 hours ago, kav said:

He does have one of the most unattractive sigs in the biz.  Compared to how he draws it's a head scratcher.

A handwriting analyst might say that a consistently horribly illegible signature is a sign of an arrogant and self-important person, one who doesn't care about what anyone thinks or doesn't care to connect with others.

hm

The Meaning of Ugly Handwriting

Ugly handwriting can indicate a certain amount of emotional baggage.

Many ugly writers tend to be emotionally volatile – even bad tempered as we can see in the sample above. Ugly handwriting can also indicate a lack of stability and a number of other things too.

Sometimes, ugly handwriting can be an indication of low self-esteem or insecurity; but it can also show autonomy and a desire to be judged on your own merits rather than conform to the standard way of doing things.

6 hours ago, jcjames said:

A handwriting analyst might say that a consistently horribly illegible signature is a sign of an arrogant and self-important person, one who doesn't care about what anyone thinks or doesn't care to connect with others.

hm

My signature is awful. And I don't care! :sumo:

I recall a therapy session once in which I was told that my sloped handwriting indicates someone with low self-esteem.

My explanation was that in my case I tend to write with my paper at an angle, which then tends naturally to angle the handwriting as well.  That's all.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I recall a therapy session once in which I was told that my sloped handwriting indicates someone with low self-esteem.

My explanation was that in my case I tend to write with my paper at an angle, which then tends naturally to angle the handwriting as well.  That's all.

I do the same thing with the paper. Used to drive my elementary school teachers crazy. 

Does anybody actually have solid evidence of Jim's handwriting? It's one thing if the signature is sloppy but how do we know that he doesn't actually have really neat hand writing.

The question I have every morning when I log into the boards and see these threads is:

Sure, "Jim Starlin Hates CGC", but does Jim Starling "Hate the New Boards" too?

And these cans? Does Jim Starlin hate these cans too?

DOES JIM STARLIN'S HATRED KNOW ANY BOUNDARIES???

(Ok, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.)

image.png

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

If all I ever got to read that he wrote was Silver Surfer #34-50, I'd love him just as much.

Have these ever been collected in TPB form?

I remember reading them when they came out because of Starlin's involvement, but they didn't make much of an impression.  Sounds like I need to take a second pass at 'em...

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I love the jerk 

Does Greggy know about your forbidden feelings?

4 minutes ago, jools&jim said:

Have these ever been collected in TPB form?

I remember reading them when they came out because of Starlin's involvement, but they didn't make much of an impression.  Sounds like I need to take a second pass at 'em...

Pretty sure the collection is "Rebirth of Thanos". I think there was a premiere HC at one time, but you should be able to get the trade now.

Edit to add: yup, here it is! Contains SS 34-38 and Thanos Quest and some other stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Surfer-Rebirth-Thanos-Paperback/dp/0785166432

Edited by F For Fake

10 hours ago, jcjames said:

hm

Or he's a person that signs hundreds of documents or letters per day and just wants to get them off his desk....wait, what were we talking about again? lol