• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Starlin hates CGC!
3 3

819 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Park said:

Sooooooo did we bring back the funny or the Locked Thread Point Challenge or anything cool???

No. Funny or cool has been censured. Also, you can't joke around or you run the risk of having your post removed because this crop of mods don't understand the flow and banter of the boards.

On 6/8/2017 at 11:13 AM, Transplant said:

Plus, his signature is butt from what I've seen.

On 6/8/2017 at 11:34 AM, joeypost said:

IM559001.jpg

So.  Confirmed.  Signature is butt.

Have there been any changes on the Starlin/CGC front? I was hoping to have a book done this weekend at North Texas, but if he is still refusing then I will just get some raw books done.

Edited by mysterio

I don't buy signed comics other than the DF editions in the early days with Kirby and Kane, however I have written to many personalities whom I have admired for their talents, artists writers directors actors and such. I have always felt that they had given me pleasure over the years and I would like to tell them so as for the witness there has been many an instance where this was impossible namely letters or a chance meeting does this make them fake? No, I see it as an honour and as was mentioned above a memento of that moment. 

3 hours ago, the blob said:

He is signing for free. Just doesn't want to deal with hassles for CGC? I can't be mad at a guy who signs for free. I need to bring some Dreadstar 1s to the next show he is at...

He'll still sign for cgc (thumbsu it's stated in the event forum at the North Texas show thread that is coming up this weekend 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 hours ago, mysterio said:

Have there been any changes on the Starlin/CGC front? I was hoping to have a book done this weekend at North Texas, but if he is still refusing then I will just get some raw books done.

Well, considering I sent some books in to be signed by him, I sure hope this isn't the case.  Whereas his sigs were free before, he must now be charging (since I was quoted a creator sig fee).  And also, aren't some facilitators licensed witnesses themselves?  So how would he differentiate between a facilitator/witness and just another fan looking for sigs (granted, a facilitator is probably gonna walk up with an armful of books).

Just now, ExNihilo said:

Well, considering I sent some books in to be signed by him, I sure hope this isn't the case.  Whereas his sigs were free before, he must now be charging (since I was quoted a creator sig fee).  And also, aren't some facilitators licensed witnesses themselves?  So how would he differentiate between a facilitator/witness and just another fan looking for sigs (granted, a facilitator is probably gonna walk up with an armful of books).

I believe "if" he didn't want cgc then he would state so at the venue...or con. Cgc is honorable enough to respect those wishes, due to not wanting to upset the apple cart with other artists...

24 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe "if" he didn't want cgc then he would state so at the venue...or con. Cgc is honorable enough to respect those wishes, due to not wanting to upset the apple cart with other artists...

This. GCG doesn’t condone stealth witnessing, nor should they. Long term health of the SS program is more important. 

I’ve heard that Starlin will sign for SS, so I’m going to give it a shot. I’ll report back. 

5 hours ago, mysterio said:

Just to put this to rest, Starlin signed a bunch of books for CGC SS this weekend. I am sure @Dork Buzz can weigh in on just how slammed they were this weekend, with a significant chunk of that business including Starlin.

On Saturday when we finally had a chance to sit down and take a breath we realized the con was only open for 3 more minutes.