• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Sticker Adhesive On Cover

5 posts in this topic

Price Sticker Adhesive On Cover

Hi,

Looking to submit and press this book. Will the dry cleaning process be able to remove this adhesive from the front cover? It's a great looking copy except for this. Any other suggestions if the Press and Clean won't do the trick? 

Thanks

IMG_2266.JPG

Bummer. Dry cleaning alone won't remove this.  There are too many inks here that be affected by most means.  I've had some luck with sticker adhesive using body heat alone .i.e., friction using the tip of your finger.  Often it only succeeds in spreading the glue, but sometimes you can manage to remove it.

Edited by divad

Dry cleaning alone wont work. More is need to get the gunk off the book. Unfortunately for this copy,  it looks like they ink was affected already and will always show discoloration, even after the glue is removed.

12 hours ago, joeypost said:

Dry cleaning alone wont work. More is need to get the gunk off the book. Unfortunately for this copy,  it looks like they ink was affected already and will always show discoloration, even after the glue is removed.

agreed. Not sure it is worth submitting the book.

Using a hair dryer at about 8 inches distance warm up the glue/adhesive somewhat, and then dab with rolled up sticky side of masking tape. Not blue painters tape but the old tan colored masking tape. Dab over and over might pick up the adhesive little by little each time. I used this method an a comic TPB I bought at Barnes and Noble which had a security tag sticker on the inside cover and adhesive came all the way off. Be careful not to pull any color off of the cover.

Edited by krg