• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is GA so awesome?
4 4

62 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2017 at 4:20 AM, exitmusicblue said:

Why is GA so awesome?

Because it was a simpler time?  Classy + classic?  Just something so pure about the era in comics.

Agreed. Despite the writing being less in-depth compared to modern comics, I feel better reading through them if only because they’re not as cynical as modern comics tend to embrace more. Even when fighting against the Axis powers, I still have the feeling that the world the Golden Age comics portray is still very much capable of becoming better after the fighting is over.

Edited by Electricmastro

On 5/15/2017 at 12:49 PM, miraclemet said:

One of the awesome things about COLLECTING GA comics is that having (virtually) all the money in the world wont necessarily get you a book. 

GA books are harder to find, and once found, harder to pry away from collectors than any other books. 

I seriously yawn over various high grade SA/BA books cause I see them all the time, in all sorts of great conditions... there's nothing difficult about collecting them (outside of having the money to buy them). 

To me that's one of the things that GA has always had over the other eras of collecting...

:bump:

Edited by Gotham Kid