• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I seek help! Galactus arrives at your planet in a ship
1 1

56 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

First page I started is a 20" x 30" Silver Surfer after Kirby

Silver%20Surfer%2020_30%20inked_zpsmnumv

He is wanting it in color, and I will need to purchase an airbrush. Pending some comic sales at the next show on June 11 so this one is shelved for the moment...

Have you used airbrush before?  Any decent airbrush/compressor will be at least $500.  Then it takes at least a month to master.

25 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

He is wanting it in color, and I will need to purchase an airbrush. Pending some comic sales at the next show on June 11 so this one is shelved for the moment...

Also you will need to use transparent acrylics since you already inked it otherwise opaque will cover over inks.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Have you used airbrush before?  Any decent airbrush/compressor will be at least $500.  Then it takes at least a month to master.

Nope, never have. I am looking to buy one in June, I was quoted a price of $400 for both the airbrush and the compressor. I have until September to get a hang of it.

Just now, Artboy99 said:

Nope, never have. I am looking to buy one in June, I was quoted a price of $400 for both the airbrush and the compressor. I have until September to get a hang of it.

well just get an airbrush book thats how I learned.  Dont use frisket use acetate and spray adhesive.  the bottle paints you need to stir not just shake.  Binks is the best airbrush I ever had pasche sucked and iwata was ok.

If its one of those mini compressors I would avoid. I used a regular compressor like contractors use.  

1093764?$470$

5 minutes ago, kav said:

well just get an airbrush book thats how I learned.  Dont use frisket use acetate and spray adhesive.  the bottle paints you need to stir not just shake.  Binks is the best airbrush I ever had pasche sucked and iwata was ok.

Thanks for the advice!

Just now, Artboy99 said:

Thanks for the advice!

i just saved you months of frustration lol

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

That's fantastic!  What kind of ink do you use?  I like Speedball's Superblack, and I mix in a bit of charcoal.

12 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Thanks for the advice!

Ps after many hours of airbrushing once in a while you get a spat of water due to condensation buildup.  You can get a condensation trap but I never bothered the events are rare and with an airbrush you can fix anything-just spray over damage with white opaque and re-paint.  

13 hours ago, kav said:

If its one of those mini compressors I would avoid. I used a regular compressor like contractors use.  

1093764?$470$

...and all this time I've been using this for upholstery and carpentry and putting air in my tires...lots of uses.

Just now, FN-2199 said:

...and all this time I've been using this for upholstery and carpentry and putting air in my tires...lots of uses.

yep all this time you had a pro artist tool and didn't know it

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, SteppinRazor said:

That's fantastic!  What kind of ink do you use?  I like Speedball's Superblack, and I mix in a bit of charcoal.

Combination of different inks. Mostly copic 110 black with a brush.