• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven to Eternity - The Comic Bug FCBD Variant Question

14 posts in this topic

Seven to Eternity - The Comic Bug FCBD Variant Question

I have a copy of this on the way as it seems The Comic Bug is unable to "sell" the variant but they can sell other stuff and offer it for "free" through their eBay store. My question is that would a FCBD variant like this be worth having graded? Per Remender's twitter they had a run of 1000. I'm hopefully they send it packaged nicely because I really enjoy the cover. Because its a FCBD I didn't really know if people have those things graded like that. Here is the variant in question: http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=401666

Thanks! :)

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't see why it being a FCBD book would matter? Especially one as cool and limited as this, and is a hot on-going title. I plan to slab at least one if they show up nice enough. I'm banking on the slow burn with this title (ie: Saga)

I find it hard to believe you'd lose the ~$30 slabbing costs though unless you paid a lot for the book, it comes back 9.4 or less, or the bottom just falls out on this series.

Side note: If the book is important to you that's all that matter! 

I actually called comic bug. There's a couple ways to get your hands on a copy. Mike even said he'd cherry pick a 9.8 for me. I bought $50 of TPB of other Remender books. Or on their eBay site they have other packages. So definitely buy it direct from comic bug, instead of buying it second hand for $75.

26 minutes ago, Polirer said:

I actually called comic bug. There's a couple ways to get your hands on a copy. Mike even said he'd cherry pick a 9.8 for me. I bought $50 of TPB of other Remender books. Or on their eBay site they have other packages. So definitely buy it direct from comic bug, instead of buying it second hand for $75.

I bought the Uncanny Avengers Omni and got the FCBD variant yesterday. It looks fantastic! Hopefully I can get it graded and preserve it. I just really like it. Also UA is pretty fun to read.

2 hours ago, Polirer said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm interested in this cover purely as a fan, but am not interested or already have what's in their ebay store.

I'm not familiar with this store, did they just take an over the phone order via credit card?

3 minutes ago, ParamagicFF said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm interested in this cover purely as a fan, but am not interested or already have what's in their ebay store.

I'm not familiar with this store, did they just take an over the phone order via credit card?

They helped me put a package together over the phone, then I paid them via PayPal.

5 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Any guarantee from them on quality?

No guarantee, but mike said " absolutely I can make sure of that." In a sincere tone when I asked for a 9.8 candidate 

3 hours ago, Ecranu said:

Is the bug cover considered a reprint?  I'm guessing it would, since it's printed at a later date.

On the CGC case of graded copies, it says "Comic Bug Edition" so yes, definitely.