• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncanny X-Men Collecting

4 posts in this topic

Around Xmas I got the bug again and finally got around to finishing my Xmen run from 1 to around 215.  I stopped collecting in the mid 80s when I went to college. Always meant to finish but life and lack of $ always got in the way. Good luck with your quest.  

I got back into collecting around 2008 after being away for about twenty years. My first goal was to finish a goal I had as a kid and complete my X-Men run. I am now only three books away. (see sig line)

I have some regrets from when I started back into collecting... most of it as to do with learning about the condition of a book and ensuring I got value.

My advice to you is to stick with CGC until you get a handle on grading books on your own. Decide if you want to go with speed or quality to complete your collection. You can get less grade books fast, but the pretty books are more expensive and take time. I will be looking to upgrade one I finish my set.

Decide on how much you want to spend in a year and how many books you would like to purchase in a year. Right now, I try to get five CGC graded books a year for my collection. Sometime more, some times less based on the cost of some books.

Also, and most importantly, have fun with your journey!

Hey BoucheC, Congrats on your X-Men 10 and welcome to the boards. That's a good looking copy you have there.

The link I've pasted below is for the existing X-Men Collecting Thread. Also, sorry to be nit-picky but the title of the book was simply "X-Men" through number 141. 142 was the first issue titled "Uncanny X-Men". So if you are focused on 1-66, you'll only be collecting "X-Men".