• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Store Exclusive Variants Thread!
2 2

158 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2017 at 2:43 PM, Michael Lamm said:

Unknown Comics presale 15 more SDCC four pack sets last night before SDCC. At SDCC they are limiting it to 150 sets per day. I think these actually have some potential. Maybe I'm wrong but I really like these. Yes I realize there are a ton of Edge of Venomverse variants 

IMG_5331.JPG

They were pre-sold on their website.

I'm picking this up.  It's a store exclusive, but six stores and limited to 600 sets worldwide.  Also it's a store variant on a main release Marvel variant, so really hard to classify.  

Venomverse 1-5 Virgin connecting covers

https://comicsheatingup.net/2017/08/07/venomverse-crain-connecting-set-available-as-limited-virgin-variants/

image.png.03ce2197fcb2fc7d0cf5da5f83db6df7.png

6 hours ago, Sooners151 said:

I'm picking this up.  It's a store exclusive, but six stores and limited to 600 sets worldwide.  Also it's a store variant on a main release Marvel variant, so really hard to classify.  

https://comicsheatingup.net/2017/08/07/venomverse-crain-connecting-set-available-as-limited-virgin-variants/

These are really sweet. It's the only venomverse covers I've gotten so far.

On 8/11/2017 at 1:20 PM, Sooners151 said:

Sorry to say but it's not a store exclusive since you can order each issue through Diamond...

Opps... sorry the virgin covers are the store variants but the regular trade dress is available through Diamond. ;)

Edited by Zacreth

That could be really nice - I like that they have both the color and B&W versions available separately. I was quite happy with the Edge of Venomverse cover, I'll likely be getting a B&W CGC SS 9.8 - $100 seems a fairly reasonable price. I will likely hold off a bit longer until I see more of the cover though - given there's no incentive to pre-order "early", makes sense to wait a bit until more of the cover's been revealed

1 hour ago, CKinTO said:

That could be really nice - I like that they have both the color and B&W versions available separately. I was quite happy with the Edge of Venomverse cover, I'll likely be getting a B&W CGC SS 9.8 - $100 seems a fairly reasonable price. I will likely hold off a bit longer until I see more of the cover though - given there's no incentive to pre-order "early", makes sense to wait a bit until more of the cover's been revealed

Yea I really wonder why they didn't do a special preorder price for this one considering that EOV didn't sell out. Plus they've raised the print runs which shocked me as well

21 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

Natali Sanders first D.C. Cover is up for preorder. Looks like she is going old school for 25th anniversary variant 

IMG_5561.JPG

This graphic, and I use the term loosely, makes me not want to pre-order. Should have used Comic Sans.

46 minutes ago, brianlake7 said:

Not sure if anyone else got the email but the print run just dropped a lot on these. I liked the art but was holding back, now these look to be the lowest print run Metal Books

9b2492b8-7b04-46d3-b465-7ba62cbf0037.jpg

Yeah, I grabbed a couple sets the other day. Im not a fan of the WW cover. To me, she looks kinda frail and less heroine than she should (unlike the new Dell'Otto #2), but I think the batman and superman covers are great. 

4 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

And the final reveal. 

IMG_5593.JPG

Pre ordered 2 signed and graded sets! That cover is a beaut!! Natali Sanders can do no wrong! Comic market street sure has come out with a bang with these exclusives!