• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC can you please fix your online submission portal

26 posts in this topic

You posted this thread back when you launched them and got a bunch of feedback:

However nothing was fixed.  There have been several issues known on the new forms and since we get the pleasure of being charged more if we don't use them can you please look to fix them prior to that.  I've reported issues through their online submission, voiced issues here, and spoken with Brittany however we are still spinning waiting.

Here are some issues:

The submission center doesn't work - Rob posted several videos in the original thread showing this.  He is NOT the only one with this issue.  It's not solved!  Just because it works on your end doesn't mean it works for your customers.

Shipping calculation - for those who are lucky enough to get further in the form its not working to correctly calculate shipping when using their own account ($0.00). 

Prescreen  - been some murmurs of pre-screen not working properly for some.

I'll update this thread as more weigh in with their issues.  Let's get this fixed please.

Edited by Iceman399

7 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

However nothing was fixed.  There have been several issues known on the new forms and since we get the pleasure of being charged more if we don't use them can you please look to fix them prior to that.  I've reported issues through their online submission, voiced issues here, and spoken with Brittany however we are still spinning waiting.

Here are some issues:

The submission center doesn't work - Rob posted several videos in the original thread showing this.  He is NOT the only one with this issue.  It's not solved!  Just because it works on your end doesn't mean it works for your customers.

Shipping calculation - for those who are lucky enough to get further in the form its not working to correctly calculate shipping when using their own account ($0.00). 

I'll update this thread as more weigh in with their issues.  Let's get this fixed please.

But does the Submission Centre work...that's the more important question?

Jim

15 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

They can't figure out how to make their own "stuff" work let alone how to spell things properly so we have to help them out along the way and put it in terms they can follow.

It's correct if you're Canadian.

• Administrator
On 5/18/2017 at 3:50 PM, Iceman399 said:

Here are some issues:

I have been trying to get the code fixed with the issue you showed me Iceman.  This is in the works, and the code is being fixed.

Shipping calculation is working, if you put in your own account, then it doesn't calculate shipping.  Your account must be on file with us and verified.

Prescreening works.  The prescreen option doesn't show up until 25 books have been entered, at which point you will see the option to pre-screen on the cart subtotal page.

1 hour ago, Brittany M. said:

I have been trying to get the code fixed with the issue you showed me Iceman.  This is in the works, and the code is being fixed.

Shipping calculation is working, if you put in your own account, then it doesn't calculate shipping.  Your account must be on file with us and verified.

Prescreening works.  The prescreen option doesn't show up until 25 books have been entered, at which point you will see the option to pre-screen on the cart subtotal page.

Thanks Brittany! :banana: 

The only recurring problem I run into with the portal now is that sometimes it won't take  take credit info card that is entered for payment. Oftentimes these are cards I have charged myself , so they were working just hours earlier.  This forces users to either give up and use paper OR mislead the portal and say we are sending a check. Then hand writing in the credit card information on the printed form. That usually works, though on one submission I did end  up calling accounting as they didn't get the credit card information. 

5 hours ago, Tony S said:

The only recurring problem I run into with the portal now is that sometimes it won't take  take credit info card that is entered for payment. Oftentimes these are cards I have charged myself , so they were working just hours earlier.  This forces users to either give up and use paper OR mislead the portal and say we are sending a check. Then hand writing in the credit card information on the printed form. That usually works, though on one submission I did end  up calling accounting as they didn't get the credit card information. 

Yeah it was telling me my credit card was invaded and it's a brand new card activated and used to pay my annual cgc member fees just hours earlier.  I'm still wanting to know about imaging. I had to fill out and print a pdf for it

On 5/22/2017 at 10:41 AM, Brittany M. said:

No imaging option?

52 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Not much a priority fixing this apparently.  Issues been running since launch and as of today we pay more if we don't use the broken system :banana: 

I was thinking the same thing

Any updates? Tried using the online sub form for the first time today via Chrome, and it's not working for me. Will let me add a book, but when I try the "apply same tier" option, it doesn't work, and I can't add it manually either.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Any updates? Tried using the online sub form for the first time today via Chrome, and it's not working for me. Will let me add a book, but when I try the "apply same tier" option, it doesn't work, and I can't add it manually either.

Have been using Chrome to do online submissions since the beta came out with no issues so far.