• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern tier is greyed out...?

11 posts in this topic

It'd be a billion times more efficient if on step 3 where you enter the comic book information they let us add multiple books here.  Rather than stepping through the entire process for each and every book :tonofbricks:  That takes forever!  I wish CGC would let me give them some IT advice sometimes, but they'd never listen to us collectors lol 

Here's what I'm thinking.  Take this page:

1.thumb.png.526228bdcfad6e6bacf042cb2c9127f6.png

And add a button, with some info reminding the customer books must qualify for the same tier, like so:
2.thumb.png.3a1f24f1d50dfbb264d8d1dfcdf3fe07.png

Then, when you click said button, you see:

3.thumb.png.8fb4dcf8efe82cdc015b75d474e74755.png

Voila, now you could add all your books at once and only have to step through the online process once! :acclaim:

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

So I just complained about this over the weekend. After trying several times I gave up and filled out the pdf fillable forms. Apparently it's because the system doesn't recognize the book since it's too new so you don't get the Modern Tier.... don't ask me, it makes no sense but whatever. Now it's $8 per fillable form and I had 3 invoices with some new books so yea this is fun... 

On 6/6/2017 at 1:37 PM, Zacreth said:

So I just complained about this over the weekend. After trying several times I gave up and filled out the pdf fillable forms. Apparently it's because the system doesn't recognize the book since it's too new so you don't get the Modern Tier.... don't ask me, it makes no sense but whatever. Now it's $8 per fillable form and I had 3 invoices with some new books so yea this is fun... 

I had that issue, and I just put in some different data for the book. They'll have to verify on their end anyway... don't think it will slow things down too much.

I think there's a lot of room for improvement regarding CGC's handling of their databases.  There ought to be a system in place that once a new book that's never been graded before gets shipped out, it automatically adds itself into the registry and the online DB.  There are professional database apps like Scribe that will do this sort of thing.  I've worked with the company who owns Scribe and they've been great with syncing our CRM Online data with an in house app.  @Bree has there been any discussion about doing something like this at the HQ?  We wouldn't have to wait for Mollie to update everything ;)

Jerome

I just ran into this problem this evening with only 2 of the 11 book line items I was submitting. I found if I manually entered 12/18 (December, 2018) for the dates that were actually early next year (1/19 or 2/19), it would let me select the Modern tier *and* price it with the other 9 line items without "call for price" showing up. Of course, I had to manually enter those dates and all the data in the fields after that, but I knew exactly what to put for the variations since I had blindly went through the selections before finding out the tier wasn't selectable. So, if you get this problem, try backing up and playing around with the date.