• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canada Post in transit then nothing?
2 2

49 posts in this topic

I have a package that arrived from the U.S to me here in Canada....well not to me but to a city 2 hours from where I live and it says in transit since May 15th then nothing else this is a first for me usually when it hits that city either the next day or by the latest the following day I get the package. It has a estimated delivery date of today and never came and still no new tracking. Has anyone else had this type of situation happen to them and if so what happened in the end?

I don't know what to make of it I have had over 1000 packages over the years come from the U.S and this is a 1st for me (I mean saying in transit but not showing up). I have never had a single package stolen or lost in all those years.

Edited by SC22

I wouldn't panic yet.  Sometimes tracking fails.  

I've seen packages with the mailing address written on more than one side of the package but the tracking bar code is only on one side.  If the employee handling the package sees a side without the bar code he may move it along without updating the tracking info.  

I've seen packages with multiple different bar codes, sometimes the packaging has been used before and the old bar code wasn't removed, sometimes there's a US barcode and a Canadian barcode is added.  If the employee scans the wrong barcode - it happens quite often - tracking falls off.  

Sometimes the bar code is damaged so tracking isn't updated.

You might want to phone the PO tomorrow and request an investigation.  I'd also recommend 'card for pickup' for important items.  The delivery employee is prompted by his scanner to write a card out card and send the package to the sub post office.  It can be a pain to pick up the package but at least you know the employee won't leave it on your doorstep where it could be stolen.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

I wouldn't panic yet.  Sometimes tracking fails.  

I've seen packages with the mailing address written on more than one side of the package but the tracking bar code is only on one side.  If the employee handling the package sees a side without the bar code he may move it along without updating the tracking info.  

I've seen packages with multiple different bar codes, sometimes the packaging has been used before and the old bar code wasn't removed, sometimes there's a US barcode and a Canadian barcode is added.  If the employee scans the wrong barcode - it happens quite often - tracking falls off.  

Sometimes the bar code is damaged so tracking isn't updated.

You might want to phone the PO tomorrow and request an investigation.  I'd also recommend 'card for pickup' for important items.  The delivery employee is prompted by his scanner to write a card out card and send the package to the sub post office.  It can be a pain to pick up the package but at least you know the employee won't leave it on your doorstep where it could be stolen.

Usually only my city remains to be tracked and then it shows up but this time for some reason it says it's in transit to my city witch is only 200km away (from where it was last tracked on May 15th) and has been like that now for 4 days. I hope it's not stolen or lost this was not a package  I wanted to lose.....I know we don't want to lose any of them but some times some are just  much more hard to replace.....it's not the money I will get a refund but I could care less about that I want my item. Hope it gets here tomorrow before the weekend sucks to have to wonder 2 days without any movement for sure during that time.

Edited by SC22

I recieved a package today that still says released from customs/in transit.

My best advice is don't panic. Canadapost SUCKS. I get stuff shipped from the states all the time, once it hits canada customs will dig their grubby little fingers into it and that sometimes takes 2-4 days for them to release it. after that canada post will just say In transit until the day it is out for delivery. Sometimes they won't even update that.

5 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Usually only my city remains to be tracked and then it shows up but this time for some reason it says it's in transit to my city witch is only 200km away (from where it was last tracked on May 15th) and has been like that now for 4 days. I hope it's not stolen or lost this was not a package  I wanted to lose.....I know we don't want to lose any of them but some times some are just  much more hard to replace.....it's not the money I will get a refund but I could care less about that I want my item. Hope it gets here tomorrow before the weekend sucks to have to wonder 2 days without any movement for sure during that time.

Don't worry too much.  Packages get put on the wrong truck, they get sorted to the wrong delivery employee, stuff happens.  As you mentioned, you've had a thousand packages and none went astray, this one should be like all the others and show up safe.

Just now, TheRealVenom said:

I recieved a package today that still says released from customs/in transit.

My best advice is don't panic. Canadapost SUCKS. I get stuff shipped from the states all the time, once it hits canada customs will dig their grubby little fingers into it and that sometimes takes 2-4 days for them to release it. after that canada post will just say In transit until the day it is out for delivery. Sometimes they won't even update that.

Ouch, I have to point out that he's had a thousand parcels delivered without a problem, Canada Post has it's problems but they have a pretty good success rate.

Thanks guys have been waiting a few years to locate this specific item so I truly hope I don't have more years to wait to find another. The part that bothers me is the the term in transit I would rather know it's in the same place than be like that for 4 days. It would be easier to just see it marked in transit the day before it's delivered like it usually is the case (99.99% of the time).

2 minutes ago, SC22 said:

No it's on the East Coast of Canada.

I believe you and I are pretty close geographically.Saying that,i've also had a parcel stuck in Montreal for six business days for whatever reason.Was just really remarking above about constant problems each time I have a parcel going through Vancouver.

Just now, porcupine48 said:

I believe you and I are pretty close geographically.Saying that,i've also had a parcel stuck in Montreal for six business days for whatever reason.Was just really remarking above about constant problems each time I have a parcel going through Vancouver.

I believe we are close but I rather not name my city just my preference when using the net. But was your package stuck in customs my is out of customs since May 15th hence my worry. If it was still in customs I would be less nervous I have had that happen a few times for up to 5 business days.

I guess I will play my computer game for a while (helps keeping my mind focused) then head off to bed and hope for the best for tomorrow before the weekend kicks into gear and plays with my head till Monday. And I forgot to pick up coffee today so that does not help either....I need a few cups a day to keep my head straight!!

Edited by SC22

7 minutes ago, SC22 said:

I believe we are close but I rather not name my city just my preference when using the net. But was your package stuck in customs my is out of customs since May 15th hence my worry. If it was still in customs I would be less nervous I have had that happen a few times for up to 5 business days.

No problems on the city,why I was vague.

My parcel had cleared customs,it was the last stop before reaching me.I'd really thought it lost,but it got to me eventually.

11 minutes ago, SC22 said:

I guess I will play my computer game for a while (helps keeping my mind focused) then head off to bed and hope for the best for tomorrow before the weekend kicks into gear and plays with my head till Monday. And I forgot to pick up coffee today so that does not help either....I need a few cups a day to keep my head straight!!

Relax kitten, they missed scanning it at some point or someone got busy and didn't get around to a cart of parcels or a truck broke down.  What computer game are you playing?

3 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Monkey Island 1 I loved the series when I was a kid and now they are remastered so I will continue till I get to the 5th one.

Haven't played them.  I recommend Fallout 3 or 4.  My favorite all time video games, might keep you busy while waiting for your package.

10 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Haven't played them.  I recommend Fallout 3 or 4.  My favorite all time video games, might keep you busy while waiting for your package.

I have the 4th one but did not start it yet. I think I want to replay Diablo 1-2-3 on the my PC as well. I have tons of games but have to also make time for my comic books.