• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canada Post in transit then nothing?
2 2

49 posts in this topic

I have a Xbox360, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Nintendo switch (just came out not to long ago I got the new Zelda with it and I am waiting for the new Mario to come out), my Ipad and my PC. I don't have a wife or kids so in my spare time I get to play with my toys and read what I want when I want and watch what I want on tv and eat what (I love cooking so that suits me just fine) I want as well....just the way I like it lollll!!

Edited by SC22

9 minutes ago, SC22 said:

I have the 4th one but did not start it yet. I think I want to replay Diablo 1-2-3 on the my PC as well. I have tons of games but have to also make time for my comic books.

Try Fallout 4 tomorrow, perhaps you'll forget about the package.  It's a great game.

24 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Try Fallout 4 tomorrow, perhaps you'll forget about the package.  It's a great game.

I will give it a try this weekend for sure....thanks!! If you haven't already buy Until Dawn on PS4 one of the best games I ever played (completed I think 3 times because the story changes).

Edited by SC22

8 hours ago, SC22 said:

Thanks guys have been waiting a few years to locate this specific item so I truly hope I don't have more years to wait to find another. The part that bothers me is the the term in transit I would rather know it's in the same place than be like that for 4 days. It would be easier to just see it marked in transit the day before it's delivered like it usually is the case (99.99% of the time).

I am in the same situation as you: I located a copy of something I have wanted for several years, bought it and now the tracking is no longer being updated. In my case it has not been updated in 5 days. I am pretty sure it will show up, as mentioned above it can take a long time to clear customs.

On the gaming note: I have played a ton of Diablo: 1-2 and 3. I prefer the random maps of Diablo 1, the skills classes and gameplay of Diablo 2. I gave Diablo 3 a very solid try ( over 400 hours on a wizard and over 700 hours on a Barbarian but in the end I went back to Diablo 2.

Currently I am playing single player hardcore and my goal is to complete the game in all characters. I play on hardcore /players8 setting, so it is difficult. Hardcore means if your character dies it is permanent...no more playing with that character. I have had some character deaths, but I was successful in finishing the game in all 3 difficulties on /players8 with a Javelin Amazon ( lvl 92 ) and a Fire/cold Sorceress ( lvl 94)

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I am in the same situation as you: I located a copy of something I have wanted for several years, bought it and now the tracking is no longer being updated. In my case it has not been updated in 5 days. I am pretty sure it will show up, as mentioned above it can take a long time to clear customs.

On the gaming note: I have played a ton of Diablo: 1-2 and 3. I prefer the random maps of Diablo 1, the skills classes and gameplay of Diablo 2. I gave Diablo 3 a very solid try ( over 400 hours on a wizard and over 700 hours on a Barbarian but in the end I went back to Diablo 2.

Currently I am playing single player hardcore and my goal is to complete the game in all characters. I play on hardcore /players8 setting, so it is difficult. Hardcore means if your character dies it is permanent...no more playing with that character. I have had some character deaths, but I was successful in finishing the game in all 3 difficulties on /players8 with a Javelin Amazon ( lvl 92 ) and a Fire/cold Sorceress ( lvl 94)

Well there is hope my item has been updated as out for delivery will let you guys know once it gets here if all is good. For those in the same situation keep your heads up and thanks for the kind words. By the way I had talked to a supervisor at Canada Post customer service and asked him to look into it maybe that is what made the package show up again faster.....so you should do the same.

Edited by SC22

32 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Well there is hope my item has been updated as out for delivery will let you guys know once it gets here if all is good. For those in the same situation keep your heads up and thanks for the kind words. By the way I had talked to a supervisor at Canada Post customer service and asked him to look into it maybe that is what made the package show up again faster.....so you should do the same.

It just is what it is. At this point it is far to "early" in the mailing process for me to contact some supervisor.

Checking again I finally got updated this morning that my package has cleared customs and is now "in your country for delivery". Checking where it is, it is in Ontario and I am in Alberta so the update is very badly worded. It will be another 3 days at least, and since Monday is a holiday I am probably looking at Tuesday/ Wednesday for delivery.

As it is a parcel of some value ( over $1000.00 ) I am certain it will have customs/ import fees attached ( like EVERY PARCEL I IMPORT OVER $50.00 VALUE!!! :mad: ) so that means it will be carded for pick up. I HATE my local post office, the line up there is always gargantuan and filled with people that are wasting MY time doing things that are entirely NON-POST OFFICE items like sending faxes or buying hotdogs ( yes the employees at my post office also have to work the retail cash register and it is in the local 7-11 ) so since I have to go pick it up that means I am getting it Thursday. :frustrated:

Edited by Artboy99

28 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

It just is what it is. At this point it is far to "early" in the mailing process for me to contact some supervisor.

Checking again I finally got updated this morning that my package has cleared customs and is now "in your country for delivery". Checking where it is, it is in Ontario and I am in Alberta so the update is very badly worded. It will be another 3 days at least, and since Monday is a holiday I am probably looking at Tuesday/ Wednesday for delivery.

As it is a parcel of some value ( over $1000.00 ) I am certain it will have customs/ import fees attached ( like EVERY PARCEL I IMPORT OVER $50.00 VALUE!!! :mad: ) so that means it will be carded for pick up. I HATE my local post office, the line up there is always gargantuan and filled with people that are wasting MY time doing things that are entirely NON-POST OFFICE items like sending faxes or buying hotdogs ( yes the employees at my post office also have to work the retail cash register and it is in the local 7-11 ) so since I have to go pick it up that means I am getting it Thursday. :frustrated:

Hold in there!!

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

Hold in there!!

Can not stress enough how much I despise customs. It is slow, they have absolutely zero responsibility towards ensuring your package is handled with care and then charge this ridiculous "cost" for their handling.

I once purchase a very rare model from the USA, it was still in the original packaging and still in the original cellophane wrap(!) which is why I purchased it in the first place. Customs decided to open the package and opened the original box, the contents of it then spilled all over the floor, they scooped it up and taped it up and sent it to me. The model arrived incomplete with pieces forever lost. Thanks customs, it was a pleasure paying you $40.00 to have you open an original sealed box and lose parts.

Another time they opened a parcel to discover a silver age comic ( a Fantastic Four 25 ) that the seller indicated a value of 1 dollar on ( not my idea ). Customs made me bring my auction information, drive to their facility on the airport grounds, prove the value of the book to them ( $56.00 USD ) so that they could collect their $4.00. I also was only allowed to come there between 1pm and 4pm M-F. Did they care about my time? My costs? It was nearly an hour drive one way to get there from where I worked, I had to take time off work ( without pay )to give them $4.00. Seriously??? I can also add that because that office/ location was only open from 1pm - 4pm there was a rather large line up of people already waiting when I arrived ( before 1 pm ) so it was a long wait.

I also had a box full of Lord of the Rings miniatures get stolen in customs. The parcel never arrived to me, but the sender could show me proof that it did in fact arrive at Canada Customs. Guess someone there just simply wanted it.

Over a span of 13 years, I guess 3 incidents out of who knows how many isn't that bad.

But now I need a Prozac or something...huff huff huff.

Edited by Artboy99

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Ah yes that 7-11 :eek:. It's amazing how I live just a few blocks over and I get to go to (thankfully) a different post office.

12 minutes ago, piper said:

Ah yes that 7-11 :eek:. It's amazing how I live just a few blocks over and I get to go to (thankfully) a different post office.

Geez the place sounds awful!!

7 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Geez the place sounds awful!!

It is a problem because that post office handles a lot of residences as there are tons of apartments surrounding it in the area. The location should have 2 people working it always (like it used to) but the staffing got reduced to a single person. I feel sorry for the employees there to be honest.

On another note: I do not like how business branch out into other areas of retail to garner a market share of things they have no business doing. I feel a post office shouldn't be in the business of sending faxes, money orders, and of course selling hotdogs. ( yeah yeah I know 7-11 sells the hotdogs, but the employees that work that location do shared duties for both 7-11 and Canadapost )

2 hours ago, SC22 said:

Out for delivery means the delivering employee has scanned the barcode and it's going on his truck today.  You'll get it today 

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

It is a problem because that post office handles a lot of residences as there are tons of apartments surrounding it in the area. The location should have 2 people working it always (like it used to) but the staffing got reduced to a single person. I feel sorry for the employees there to be honest.

On another note: I do not like how business branch out into other areas of retail to garner a market share of things they have no business doing. I feel a post office shouldn't be in the business of sending faxes, money orders, and of course selling hotdogs. ( yeah yeah I know 7-11 sells the hotdogs, but the employees that work that location do shared duties for both 7-11 and Canadapost )

You should move to a classier neighborhood  :slapfight:

19 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Out for delivery means the delivering employee has scanned the barcode and it's going on his truck today.  You'll get it today 

I am happy (it would have drove me nuts over the weekend) and will let you guys know if all is good once it arrives. By the way I tried Fallout 4 just the intro and it seems like a really cool game!! Go see on youtube Until Dawn for PS4.

Edited by SC22

16 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I would like to. Can we sell more comics so I can afford to?

On second thought that wouldn't help because I keep spending the money!!

So many "my precious" to buy.

Edited by Artboy99

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
22 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I would like to. Can we sell more comics so I can afford to?

On second thought that wouldn't help because I keep spending the money!!

So many "my precious" to buy.

You live in a good neighborhood.  However, a couple of blocks down the road... not so much.

2 minutes ago, piper said:

You live in a good neighborhood.  However, a couple of blocks down the road... not so much.

I think so, but near that 7-11 and further east = :eek:

Edited by Artboy99

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I think so, but near that 7-11 and further east = :eek:

The joys of living near the downtown core...

So I checked again, my tracking has now been further updated. It is still in Ontario, but now it says:

In Transit with Destination Carrier

Never know what that means. Is it Canadapost? Is it Purolator? Or is it the dreaded CanPar whose depot is on the far east side of town from me and it takes me an hour to go there? :frustrated:

:whee:

And the Edmonton boardies shall dominate this thread!

:sumo:

*** very boring at work today, when I walked in I had a full schedule of appointments, they are dropping like flies. 4 cancellations. Is there a long weekend or something? Not for those who work tomorrow like me!

Edited by Artboy99

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

I am happy (it would have drove me nuts over the weekend) and will let you guys know if all is good once it arrives. By the way I tried Fallout 4 just the intro and it seems like a really cool game!! Go see on youtube Until Dawn for PS4.

Get past the intro and leave the shelter.  I'll check Until Dawn but don't have a PS4