• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC UK Price Variants
8 8

236 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, yrag9591 said:

Here’s a link to a photo of the cover of the Mystery In Space annual:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/themagicrobot.wordpress.com/2009/04/18/mystery-in-space/amp/?source=images

Perhaps someone cleverer than me could create a photo of all 12 annuals together?

Yrag this is jolly good work, I am so impressed that you found these pictures ( and I am sure Marwood will be also when he gets back ). You're cleverer than I am that's for sure when it comes to online research.

The book finally arrived. It is "Mystery in Space Annual" although there are no MiS comics in it.

The corners are rubbed and there are some loose comics/pages all as described by the bookseller.

The comics included are :

Forbidden Worlds 135  5-6 1966  (the whole comic has come away from the cover which is glued in).

Challengers of the Unknown 55  4-5 1967. (a few cf pages have come off bottom staple).

Unknown Worlds 55  4-5  1967.

Adventures into the Unknown 172  6-7 1967.

Unknown Worlds 48  6-7 1966.

World's Finest 165  3 1967. (All comic detached from cover at btm staple and heavily pulled  on top staple).

I am not the world's finest photographer but I have attempted to take some pictures which I hope will reproduce here. (Ignore last two pictures, I don't know how they snuck in there).

EDIT. Only the back cover is shown here, I've no idea where the front cover picture disappeared to. It's late now but I'll try and remember to add the fc tomorrow although it's exactly the same as the back.

SECOND EDIT. I added an attempt at a photo of the front cover. What a disaster. I am absolutely exhausted now (what with my being in such poor health) so  I'm going to have another of those Scottish shandies that seem to perk me up somewhat.

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

Edited by Redshade

24 minutes ago, Redshade said:

Just as a matter of interest, with me having the technological skills of a gnat, how does one remove erroneous photographs from a post?

Hit 'edit' and then you can select the image and delete it. If you don't want the image to reappear, you'll need to click the little rubbish bin icon on the bottom right of the image n the bar below the post. I hope that's understandable.

3 hours ago, AJD said:

Hit 'edit' and then you can select the image and delete it. If you don't want the image to reappear, you'll need to click the little rubbish bin icon on the bottom right of the image n the bar below the post. I hope that's understandable.

AJD.

Thanks for your input mate, I greatly appreciate your help. But I have tried all that select/delete etc and nothing happens.

Is it the CGC site or is it my Firefox server that doesn't connect?

@Redshade @yrag9591

Hello guys. Sorry I haven't been in attendance, but I see you've been keeping the pence flag flying during my detention - thank you! :)

I'm catching up a bit, and will respond in more detail soon.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:54 AM, Redshade said:

AJD.

Thanks for your input mate, I greatly appreciate your help. But I have tried all that select/delete etc and nothing happens.

Is it the CGC site or is it my Firefox server that doesn't connect?

Congratulations on snagging that Mystery in Space annual Redshade - very nice. I had a look for copies at the last London Comic Fair, but didn't find any.

Regarding deleting images, I don't think the browser plays a part.

As AJD said, you have to delete images twice sometimes, as follows, depending on how they were inserted:

If you look at one of my previous posts here, when I hit 'Edit', you get this:

del.thumb.PNG.bdb8e3425628702fde5ff99e8108306e.PNG

As well as the post itself, at the bottom you'll see 'Uploaded Images'. Each image will have a little dustbin symbol bottom right, and you have to click on that to delete the image. 

Sometimes, the image stays there though, especially if you have cut and pasted it directly to the post (and not selected it as a file image from your computer). So you have to delete it twice by highlighting it in the body of the posts text and then pressing delete - see here - click the image once and it goes orange. Then press delete:

del1.PNG.56a12e78e70c38c6da22ceaf9a7ed3a8.PNG  del2.PNG.2af7c9e5ef2798f1eedd8f52c93c45d5.PNG

So in summary if you click any image in your post from the editing screen, make it go orange, then press delete, and then (if it is there) delete it from the uploaded images list at the bottom by clicking on the dustbin, it really should go once you've saved it.

Give it a go!

:)

On 4/30/2018 at 10:15 AM, yrag9591 said:

Here’s a link to a photo of the cover of the Mystery In Space annual:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/themagicrobot.wordpress.com/2009/04/18/mystery-in-space/amp/?source=images

Perhaps someone cleverer than me could create a photo of all 12 annuals together?

Here you go!

103539763_TP1967DCAnnuals.thumb.PNG.1f2e2b0086420e169026c41f7a23c6a1.PNG

Well done @yrag9591 :golfclap:

I'll put them in alphabetical order another day :headbang:

Of course, there is still a possibility that other titles exist, but we liked our multiples of 12 in the UK back in the 1960s (our currency, and also 24 Double Double Comics!) so I would guess that that’s it!

29 minutes ago, yrag9591 said:

Of course, there is still a possibility that other titles exist, but we liked our multiples of 12 in the UK back in the 1960s (our currency, and also 24 Double Double Comics!) so I would guess that that’s it!

Indeed. That's why they called them 'double double'. 2 x 12 :grin:

Actually, double double would be 48 wouldn't it hm

4 minutes ago, Redshade said:

I finally figured out how to delete the unwanted photos from my post. That dustbin icon isn't very clear at all, perhaps I need new spectacles?

Thanks to all who helped. :tink:

Hooray! :cool:

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Indeed. That's why they called them 'double double'. 2 x 12 :grin:

Actually, double double would be 48 wouldn't it hm

Incredible the stuff you've found. I was buying for DC completist Ian Levine back in the day, and I've never even heard of some of these Annuals.

5 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Incredible the stuff you've found. I was buying for DC completist Ian Levine back in the day, and I've never even heard of some of these Annuals.

@Redshade takes the credit for the T&P annuals. I'd never heard of them either. I love new discoveries :headbang: