• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May Auction
1 1

81 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

if all these little logistical issues got me my fantastic 5 at such a wonderful price, i hope the next auction starts at 4 a.m.

It did ?

11 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

if all these little logistical issues got me my fantastic 5 at such a wonderful price, i hope the next auction starts at 4 a.m.

Unless you're after Disneys.  That would be prime time the other side of the date line. 

9 hours ago, dannyboy said:

My only pickup from HA.  Put in my max bid on Friday and checked back yesterday and saw I'd been bid up a good bit, but max was still enough to get the win.  I love this book and I love the pedigree so am quite satisfied with this purchase.

Eerie2RiverCity.jpeg

Very nice.  Might be my favorite Wood cover.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:41 PM, nearmint said:

$10,157.50 for Batman #44 CGC 8.0.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:45 PM, nearmint said:

Wow, the Okajima Fighting Yank #8 CGC 8.0 just went for $5975.

Like every comic book auction, there are always certain books that perform very well, while there are a few that seems to underperform.

Based upon what I am seeing in the auction results here, it would appear there's an abnormally high proportion of lots that have gone for lower than what I would have expected.  Most probably influenced by the upcoming Berk auction as collectors are pulling back on some of their bids in hopes of winning one or more of the Berk books.  hm  :wishluck:

A case of way too many books to be absorbed into the marketplace at continuing record prices as evident by the many lots  only selling at less than guide prices.  Even hot in-demand and rare books such as Fantastic 5 and the Mile High Centaur Star's and Star Ranger's sold at what I thought were much lower than expected premiums to guide. :frown:

In fact, I have even heard from a couple of less than pleased bidders winning lots with what they were intending to only be tracking bids.  lol

If I was a consignor to any of these apparent  "underperforming" lots (after a 30% fee), I would certainly not be very happy.  hm

On 5/20/2017 at 2:23 AM, Chicago Boy said:

So the last 3 Tec 38 sales have been  18k, 12k, and 10k ppp.  

Definitely a misleading and inaccurate indicator of the trend line for this book in this particular case here.

Especially since the $12K ppp sale came only minutes after the CC $18K ppp sale which was due to a much better presenting copy relative to its assigned grade and possibly even  undergraded copy of the book.  (shrug)

Hence, if you ignore the $12K and $18K ppp sales, this book would be showing a definite and unabating uptrend in prices from around $6K in 2015 to now $10K in 2017 on a ppp basis.  hm (thumbsu

On 5/21/2017 at 1:54 AM, G.A.tor said:

I think this is back to back shutouts for me. Maybe I'm too focused on Berk books (shrug)

Surprised to hear that you didn't win any of the Mile High Centaurs  like the rare and HTF Star and Star Ranger comics since I thought they had gone for relatively low prices, given their pedigree status and highest graded rankings.   :cloud9:  :whatthe:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Surprised to hear that you didn't win any of the Mile High Centaurs  like the rare and HTF Star and Star Ranger comics since I thought they had gone for relatively low prices, given their pedigree status and highest graded rankings.   :cloud9:  :whatthe:

Let's just say hindsight is 20/20

9 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Let's just say hindsight is 20/20

Any reason why you didn't put on any bottom-feeding bids just in case this situation took place?  ???

Especially since these were Church copies of some true HTF Centaurs which might not come around again for years to come.

Or were you already reasonably happy with the copies which you already owned and like the rest of us, wanting to hold back some money in hopes of winning a few of the books from Jon Berk's collection?  hm

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any reason why you didn't put on any bottom-feeding bids just in case this situation took place?  ???

Especially since these were Church copies of some true HTF Centaurs which might not come around again for years to come.

Or were you already reasonably happy with the copies which you already owned and like the rest of us, wanting to hold back some money in hopes of winning a few of the books from Jon Berk's collection?  hm

I do have a few lost valley copies of 3 of them. I would have liked to of had and probably should have gone after them, but alas I didn't. Hindsight. 

That said ive never been a hg guy. Just as happy with vg/fn 

Edited by G.A.tor

19 hours ago, lou_fine said:

In fact, I have even heard from a couple of less than pleased bidders winning lots with what they were intending to only be tracking bids.  lol

Anyone that places a tracking bid for more than they're willing to pay deserves what comes to them.

10 hours ago, nearmint said:

Anyone that places a tracking bid for more than they're willing to pay deserves what comes to them.

Tracking bids on HA are actually just bids. The tracking feature eliminates the tracking bid.

13 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Okay,  does Heritage not know who I am. I need to pay for my auction winnings but just got an email that my order shipped :whatthe:

talk about trusting the wrong person !

They did this on my first auction win and I could not believe it...I figured I must have paid and waited for my cc statement to come. (This was a while ago.) They thought that I was trying to steal it but I was indignant "why would you ship if I did not pay?" Then they banned me. Took a while to sort it out but they let me come back and play again eventually.

17 minutes ago, Bird said:
32 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Okay,  does Heritage not know who I am. I need to pay for my auction winnings but just got an email that my order shipped :whatthe:

talk about trusting the wrong person !

They did this on my first auction win and I could not believe it...I figured I must have paid and waited for my cc statement to come. (This was a while ago.) They thought that I was trying to steal it but I was indignant "why would you ship if I did not pay?" Then they banned me. Took a while to sort it out but they let me come back and play again eventually.

I think that as long as you are in good standing with them, they ship your order when it's ready to go, whether you've paid or not.  If you don't end up paying on time, they levy an interest charge on the balance.  If you don't pay after six months, they burn down your house.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I think that as long as you are in good standing with them, they ship your order when it's ready to go, whether you've paid or not.  If you don't end up paying on time, they levy an interest charge on the balance.  If you don't pay after six months, they burn down your house.

I plan to pay tomorrow.