• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW MUTANTS Key issues
1 1

50 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dogsupreme said:

NEW MUTANTS Key issues

With the NEW MUTANTS movie coming what issues should I keep an eye out for in the wild? Most are in the $1 bins for now except for #1, 87, 98 and even 100 is getting some spikes.

All of 'em. :grin:

Random but:

I always liked Shatterstar as a kid and to this day, I also don't think that I ever read a comic he was in O.o  I enjoyed the Comic Cards and seeing Shatterstar in different places, but I never got around finding anything about him..... Kind of like Havok, I saw him in comics in the early 90's and thought he was awesome and even read some of the comics. Once I saw his original costume, it ruined it for me....

I remember the Legion story scaring me a bit, oh well ;) Seems like that was a major plot for them to just now getting around to doing anything with it, but I thought the same about Apocalypse and Onslaught. What a massacre some of these stories were ie. convoluted.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/19/2017 at 7:37 PM, SteppinRazor said:

The only part of NM I liked was Warlock, and he turned out to be the one comic book character ever that stayed dead (AFAIK).

You might want to sit down, I'm afraid I have some news for you...

On 5/19/2017 at 5:36 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

#16 first Hellions
#17 first Demon Bear
#18 first Warlock
#25 David Charles Haller (Legion) character profile page
#26 first Legion
#29 first Guido Carosella (Strong Guy)
#99 first Shatterstar

Yes, Shatterstar is going to be in Deadpool 2 along with Feral. Both 1st's in that issue.

8 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

#8 - 1st magma

#9 - 1st Selena (could see her playing a part in the upcoming movie)

You got me looking for these now. But I will throw this in for consideration:

Based on the comic book of the same name, New Mutants will follow recent Xavier School graduates Magik, Wolfsbane, Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot, and Warlock as they learn to control their powers and, of course, fight bad guys like Demon Bear.

Filming is rumored to start in May,...

http://screenrant.com/new-mutants-josh-boone-pre-production/

15 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Based on the comic book of the same name, New Mutants will follow recent Xavier School graduates Magik, Wolfsbane, Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot, and Warlock as they learn to control their powers and, of course, fight bad guys like Demon Bear.

It doesn't sound like she will be the main bad guy but she could be a teacher at the school that goes rouge or something.  Can't see a whole movie being about the Demon Bear story (hated it myself).  Even the description say fight bad "guys" like Demon Bear.  Plural bad guys:wishluck: 

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

It doesn't sound like she will be the main bad guy but she could be a teacher at the school that goes rouge or something.  Can't see a whole movie being about the Demon Bear story (hated it myself).  Even the description say fight bad "guys" like Demon Bear.  Plural bad guys:wishluck: 

Oh, for sure. There aren't many comic movies that don't have a couple antagonists in them. Remember, they also want to make this a series like X-Men.

Demon Bear, one of the classic antagonists from one of the best-loved stories of the original The New Mutants series, has been teased as the film’s villain.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/09/x-men-new-mutants-movie-enters-pre-production/

Edited by ygogolak

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

9 hours ago, 1Cool said:

#8 - 1st magma

#9 - 1st Selena (could see her playing a part in the upcoming movie)

I buy 8,9 and 10 when they are cheap because the Magma appearance is a little hard to pin down. She first appears as Magma in issue 10 on the last page and as Amara in issue 8. Issue 9 is no brainer love Selene.