• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW MUTANTS Key issues
1 1

50 posts in this topic

Just now, ygogolak said:

I go with #99 personally. People have been pushing that annual for a couple of years.

Shatterstars appearance in 99 consists of a half panel on the very last page.  No words or name.  Even Cgc denotes annual 6 as his first appearance for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Shatterstars appearance in 99 consists of a half panel on the very last page.  No words or name.  Even Cgc denotes annual 6 as his first appearance for what it's worth.

Good point.

It's this:

TEAM.jpg

Vs. this:

SOLO.jpg

Honestly, neither look like a true first, just cameo's. Get's into that debate then.

Edited by ygogolak

I actually enjoy most of all of Liefield's pre-Image / X-Force work, my favorite being that What If Wolverine was an agent of SHEILD issue.  His covers and pinups were great and I enjoyed his take on established characters.  In that piece at least he is using his lines relatively sparingly.  It wasn't until X-Force that all his faces began to look like they belonged to 80 year olds.

Another interesting thing is the thighs.  Look how thin they all are!  I wonder why he had that aesthetic in that picture but went to such an opposite extreme later on.  It is still very anatomically weird, but it is much more pleasing to me than the tree trunks he gave everyone shortly thereafter.     

There are 3 different slight cover variations on New mutants  issue #86..They all relate to the the  TM(trademark that was added then scribbled out,then removed)

next to Rusty Collins name on the cover. Are any rare? I'm not sure. i do have all 3.

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Do you think issues of 8 and 9 are going to gain in value? 

Yep.  I'm betting on it but we will see.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:07 PM, Dr Zen said:

#14 first Magik (not the first Illyana Rasputin)

Anyone know the difference between this book and Uncanny X-men #160? CGC notes for UX160 = "1st appearance adult Illyana (Magik)", and NM14 = "1st Illyana Rasputin as Magik"... hm

UX160 is August 1982

NM14 is April 1984

2 hours ago, CKinTO said:

Anyone know the difference between this book and Uncanny X-men #160? CGC notes for UX160 = "1st appearance adult Illyana (Magik)", and NM14 = "1st Illyana Rasputin as Magik"... hm

UX160 is August 1982

NM14 is April 1984

I equate it similarly to this:

Marvel Super-Heroes 13 = First Appearance of Carol Danvers

Ms. Marvel 1 = First Appearance of Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel

6 minutes ago, jjfversion1 said:

I equate it similarly to this:

Marvel Super-Heroes 13 = First Appearance of Carol Danvers

Ms. Marvel 1 = First Appearance of Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel

Yah, that makes sense. UX160 was first appearance of adult Illyana as herself (and the parens "(Magik)" is just to specify who she ends up becoming), where as NM14 is first appearance of adult Illyana as Magik.