• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: how would BA12 cover do at heritage?
2 2

BA12 cover auction result  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How would the Batman Adventures 12 (harley) cover do at Heritage if it were auctioned off?

• Under $100,000
    • $100,000 - $149,999
    • $150,000 - $199,999
    • $200,000 - $249,999
    • $250,000 - $299,999
    • $300,000+

219 posts in this topic

POLL: how would BA12 cover do at heritage?

Gene's shock at my comment made we wonder what others think.    I'm curious as to the opinion at large?   

If the cover to BA12, the first Harley app, were to go on sale in the near future in a Heritage auction, what would the ending result be?

Edited by Bronty

Dunno. Is Kevin Smith bidding?

Does Kevin Smith even care?

(Is Kevin Smith still even relevant anymore as a creator/director, or has that ship sailed and he's now spending down faster than he's earning, thus very much NOT in the game?!)

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

+1 and I am a big Parobeck fan and Batman the Animated artwork fan. Maybe if Harley was on the cover it would sell for more. 

she is on the cover?   on the left

16 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

$140-160 range

About twice NYX 3 cover and right around the ASM 300 cover seems right to me.

Hmm that's not a bad way to look at it.

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Hmm that's not a bad way to look at it.

Twice the bubble price of NYX #3...one outlier doesn't necessarily mean that all comps will be outliers too.  I'll take the under.

Edited by delekkerste

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Crud, I am a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point 

To further illustrate the level of my stupidness

here is a picture of the four copies I own that I took not that long ago :insane:

IMG_1935.JPG

so let me get this straight. 90% of the guesses about NYX3 were wildly inaccurate and now those same individuals are being solicited to give opinions on the valuation of another piece of art? :baiting:

And I do not think we can declare NYX3 an outlier the day after it sold.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

so let me get this straight. 90% of the guesses about NYX3 were wildly inaccurate and now those same individuals are being solicited to give opinions on the valuation of another piece of art? :baiting:

And I do not think we can declare NYX3 an outlier the day after it sold.

Sure, because one crazy result does not mean we throw everything else we know out the window. 

This is the new normal, at least for now. What you know and knowing what you do not know are equally important. You don't throw it out the window of course but this boards seems to be surprised a lot lately. Why could that be?

26 minutes ago, Bird said:

This is the new normal, at least for now. What you know and knowing what you do not know are equally important. You don't throw it out the window of course but this boards seems to be surprised a lot lately. Why could that be?

What is the new normal exactly? Can you define what you mean by that? What changed?

1 minute ago, SquareChaos said:

What is the new normal exactly? Can you define what you mean by that? What changed?

Every auction someone proclaims 'if piece Y sells for more than 'crazy price X', I'll eat my shorts'. The new normal is that a lot of shorts have been eaten.

9 minutes ago, Hekla said:

Every auction someone proclaims 'if piece Y sells for more than 'crazy price X', I'll eat my shorts'. The new normal is that a lot of shorts have been eaten.

Exactly. What % of the final hammer were the guesses on NYX3? 

Edited by Bird

6 minutes ago, Bird said:

Exactly. What % of the final hammer were the guesses on NYX3? 

I guess I'd ask for a compilation of all of these outliers. I just haven't been actively following the auctions long enough to see that. Over the last few years, beginning from where I felt like I was starting to get at least a grasp on things modern, this is the only auction result that seems absolutely bonkers to me personally, but to each their own.

Oh NYX seems apespit crazy to me too, but I think BA12 would kill it, regardless of what NYX did or didn't go for.     Not sure why; I guess I just feel like the demand on that book/character/resulting art is real and deep.   I wouldn't have said so even a few years ago, but I've come around on it.

Just now, Bronty said:

Oh NYX seems apespit crazy to me too, but I think BA12 would kill it, regardless of what NYX did or didn't go for.     Not sure why; I guess I just feel like the demand on that book/character/resulting art is real and deep.   I wouldn't have said so even a few years ago, but I've come around on it.

Yeah I mean, say what you want about Harley, but at least her presence in the comic universe is very strong. NYX has never yet managed to carry a book. But, I know, that isn't what it's about anymore.