• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: how would BA12 cover do at heritage?
2 2

BA12 cover auction result  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How would the Batman Adventures 12 (harley) cover do at Heritage if it were auctioned off?

• Under $100,000
    • $100,000 - $149,999
    • $150,000 - $199,999
    • $200,000 - $249,999
    • $250,000 - $299,999
    • $300,000+

219 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BCarter27 said:

If I were DC, I would have her kill her abusive ex boyfriend. She would be the one to do what Batman was never willing to do. This would cement her as his new number 1 villain.

She is in a very grey anti-hero area right now that may or may not be sustainable (from a story point of view). There are some good essays around the web discussing this, but it is all wrapped up in DC trying to reconcile her merch popularity with her dubious story origins.

Great observation.    As I said earlier, with regards to my daughter, DC has been pushing the DC Superhero Girls merchandise.  In this line of products, Harley is definitely in the "good guy" camp.  

To me she's the Joker's GF.  To my daughter she's a superhero. 

Ok, I have been following this thread with interest and I am just curious about how my Batman Adventures Annual #1 cover is considered--pic and link below.  The Annual #1 cover one was done by Timm with Harley and includes Joker and Batman.  It was done prior to Mad Love and is, I believe, the first comic cover by Timm of Harley, if I am mistaken, please correct me.     

http://cafurl.com?i=22866

28 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Ok, I have been following this thread with interest and I am just curious about how my Batman Adventures Annual #1 cover is considered--pic and link below.  The Annual #1 cover one was done by Timm with Harley and includes Joker and Batman.  It was done prior to Mad Love and is, I believe, the first comic cover by Timm of Harley, if I am mistaken, please correct me.     

I like that a lot more than the BA12 cover.

45 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

I like that a lot more than the BA12 cover.

I do too. But that's cause it's by Timm. Do I think it's worth silly money based on it being an early Harley cover. No. Not "silly money".  But it's still worth 5 figures IMO and, Timm aside,  Harley certainly contributes to that opinion.

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Wow. $25-35K? That's purdy.

The cover says Nov 1994 on it? Mad Love is dated Feb 1994 according to this link, but I can't recall firsthand.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=44705

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

An epic storyline would be Harley killing the Joker, and taking over his persona and becoming the new Joker. 

I like it. I like it.

We should throw in a love affair with Bruce Wayne for extra measure. Tricking them both to meet her in a trap. Joker dies. Batman barely survives. She leaves them both for dead and exits as the new joker.

I think some of you guys are calling the shots at Marvel & DC going by these story arc ideas lol

Is taking down Joker the only way to elevate Harley Quinn? Is she so very one dimensional that the only way people can think of her is within the scope of Joker? If DC makes the decision to keep pushing her - and I don't see why they wouldn't right now - can we at least see some investment and effort put forth to form her own rivalries and relationships? That has to be the road to longevity. 

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

Yeah, love it!   Always thought that's the 3rd Harley book?  In any case, it's great.  Definitely agree on 5 figures.  25k certainly seems in the realm of possibility.  Hold onto that puppy.

57 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

I think some of you guys are calling the shots at Marvel & DC going by these story arc ideas lol

Is taking down Joker the only way to elevate Harley Quinn? Is she so very one dimensional that the only way people can think of her is within the scope of Joker? If DC makes the decision to keep pushing her - and I don't see why they wouldn't right now - can we at least see some investment and effort put forth to form her own rivalries and relationships? That has to be the road to longevity. 

They might do that.  They've already established that there are (at least) 3 Jokers, right?   

She could kill one.  Become the new Joker for a bit.  Then one of the others comes back to challenge her.  

On 5/25/2017 at 1:42 PM, chrisco37 said:

Great observation.    As I said earlier, with regards to my daughter, DC has been pushing the DC Superhero Girls merchandise.  In this line of products, Harley is definitely in the "good guy" camp.  

To me she's the Joker's GF.  To my daughter she's a superhero. 

Case in point, Warners is promoting a brand new Batman Cartoon (via Bruce Timm) where Batman and Nightwing team up with Harley Quinn. They just released the trailer. http://heroichollywood.com/batman-harley-quinn-trailer-1/

Edited by PhilipB2k17

22 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

They might do that.  They've already established that there are (at least) 3 Jokers, right?   

She could kill one.  Become the new Joker for a bit.  Then one of the others comes back to challenge her.  

To modify my story idea even further, Harley doesn't actually KILL Joker. She imprisons him, a la Kathy Bates in Misery, and THEN takes on his persona, making people believe she killed him. The hook on the story is that Batman finds out that Joker is still alive, and has to wrestle with whether to rescue him. Eventually, he does, and he and Joker team-up to take down Harley, who has become an epic menace as bad, if not worse, than Joker. 

While Joker appreciates and respects what she's done, he is also pissed off that she imprisoned him, and is angry that she's getting all the credit for mayhem he usually gets.

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Case in point, Warners is promoting a brand new Batman Cartoon (via Bruce Timm) where Batman and Nightwing team up with Harley Quinn. They just released the trailer. http://heroichollywood.com/batman-harley-quinn-trailer-1/

Yep, they are pimping the character like there is no tomorrow... still in the supporting cast role.

Edit: I'm far more interested due to the mention of Alec Holland... even following the terrible editing and music choice for the trailer. 

Edited by SquareChaos

7 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

To modify my story idea even further, Harley doesn't actually KILL Joker. She imprisons him, a la Kathy Bates in Misery, and THEN takes on his persona, making people believe she killed him. The hook on the story is that Batman finds out that Joker is still alive, and has to wrestle with whether to rescue him. Eventually, he does, and he and Joker team-up to take down Harley, who has become an epic menace as bad, if not worse, than Joker. 

While Joker appreciates and respects what she's done, he is also pissed off that she imprisoned him, and is angry that she's getting all the credit for mayhem he usually gets.

I actually like this story idea a lot. 

On 5/25/2017 at 3:17 PM, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, love it!   Always thought that's the 3rd Harley book?  In any case, it's great.  Definitely agree on 5 figures.  25k certainly seems in the realm of possibility.  Hold onto that puppy.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and correcting me on the number of appearances. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, Superhero said:
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I actually like this story idea a lot. 

Yes.  Better than my version.  :applause: