• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nickel City Con 2017 Report
1 1

51 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2017 at 6:35 PM, greggy said:

Why would Bob Layton have a photo op?

Ha, just saw that myself. I might pay $40 to get a sketch, but to get a picture with the guy? Is he at least good lookin'? hm

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ha, just saw that myself. I might pay $40 to get a sketch, but to get a picture with the guy? Is he at least good lookin'? hm

He seems to be holding up well but I'm not sure how old the pic is

Bob Layton.jpg

On 2017-05-20 at 2:50 PM, greggy said:

Last year we had the other company at FanExpo Vancouver and not this year, CGC has listed that they will be attending up here in November. 

Pretty sure I saw Voldemort grading company (near Paul's My Little Pony/anime booth) at Van Fan Expo in Nov, 2016, as they were saying the steady line up of submissions at Van Comic Show Feb, 2017 was better than at Van Fan Expo. Unless you already heard that Voldemort Grading will not be at Van Fan Expo in Nov, 2017 with your vast (worship) inside knowledge?

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20170520_113340756.thumb.jpg.c2c34d742b4396a307ea73042a997a58.jpg

This is 10 times more busy then I saw it on Saturday afternoon.  There was boxes and boxes of fresh slabs behind the counter and no one was rushing over to grab their stuff.  I wanted to peak my head over and ask "so what did they get?"

Bob Layton was amazing this weekend. I brought several of his Hercules comics for CGC signature ($5/comic for signature) and he obviously recognized that I was a Hercules fan and gave me a signed, limited edition print.

Bob Layton Nickel City.JPG

Hercules 1.jpg

Hercules 2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Bob Layton was amazing this weekend. I brought several of his Hercules comics for CGC signature ($5/comic for signature) and he obviously recognized that I was a Hercules fan and gave me a signed, limited edition print.

Snap!!! did they have onsite grading?? How did you get them back so fast...?

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Snap!!! did they have onsite grading?? How did you get them back so fast...?

They did have Onsite grading. I love that they came to Buffalo for this, but I'm not sure that will happen again. 

On 22/05/2017 at 2:41 AM, Mercury Man said:

So annoying when I go to a roofers convention, and they have a bunch of guys selling comics. 

It’s very useful to know a good roofer.  Here in England it’s very rainy and I often have a problem with vegetation clogging up the drainage.  

That said, it is very disappointing that the company didn’t try to link in a few relevant sales by at least taking along a couple of boxes of Swamp Thing comics.