• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Venom Lethal Protector #1 Gold

15 posts in this topic

PGM Venom Lethal Protector #1 Gold

I tried to get front and back cover scans, but my printer isn't detecting my ink cartridge which means it can't F*ing scan for some reason and I went to walmart (at 1AM) to get a new ink  cartridge and THEY WERE OUT so I'm just gonna give cell phone pictures.

I took a bunch of pictures focusing on spots I see flaws, however I have never done CGC or any other comic grading so I have no idea what it actually could be.

THE BOOK HAS NEVER BEEN OPENED. Spine has no creases on it. 

I'm gonna link to the imgur album because it'll be easier for me to make comments there on just what exactly the picture is of.

This is the first comic book I saw when I opened up the collection that had been sitting up in my garage for 4 years, and definitely the most valuable one I own and I'm pretty sure it's also in the best condition out of all of my 1200 issues.

Edited by Swifter

This isn't the fastest moving forum.  Are you looking to buy it?  Got any pics of the back?

Without seeing the back, I'd say 9.0.  The bottom left corner looks a frayed at the back, there are creases near the bottom right across Venom's leg, and the bottom staple is a little imperfect as you pointed out in your captions

Edited by SteppinRazor

1 hour ago, SteppinRazor said:

This isn't the fastest moving forum.  Are you looking to buy it?  Got any pics of the back?

Without seeing the back, I'd say 9.0.  The bottom left corner looks a frayed at the back, there are creases near the bottom right across Venom's leg, and the bottom staple is a little imperfect as you pointed out in your captions

After drunkenly beating my printer, I came up with 

SCANS

Front cover scan

Back cover scan

Ignore the random smudge near bottom left, and almost all of the white specks are from my dumb scanner, there's dust inside of it or some IDK I can't get rid of them.

Wow the scanned pictures are so bleak and lacking in colors compared to the phone camera

Edited by Swifter

This was the first comic I bought signed by Stan Lee. I own 2 9.8's. One gold and one red.

Your copy looks clean. I'd say 8.0 because of the damage at the top corner of the spine and the color breaks visible on the backside bottom of the spine.

5 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

I'm a little surprised I'm low compared to the last (more experienced) two.  Did you guys click the OP pics to see them bigger?  I'm wondering about the creases on Venom's leg - are those production issues?  Maybe I knocked it more than it should be for that.

I'm not seeing any creases... lol

I see spider webs, but idk maybe they are there and I'm missing them??

I don't want to seem like I'm picking on the book, or want it to be graded bad/be right, I'm hoping to learn to get better at identifying point deduction.  Having said that, if you click the OP pics to get the link, in the third pic which is of the BRC front, there are some creases/wrinkles, which are mentioned in the caption for that photo.  Just below Venom's fingers.

On 6/11/2017 at 9:49 PM, SteppinRazor said:

I don't want to seem like I'm picking on the book, or want it to be graded bad/be right, I'm hoping to learn to get better at identifying point deduction.  Having said that, if you click the OP pics to get the link, in the third pic which is of the BRC front, there are some creases/wrinkles, which are mentioned in the caption for that photo.  Just below Venom's fingers.

I see the creases on Venom's leg in the third photograph. I do not believe that's meant to be spider webs.