• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this legit or a fake? Help

13 posts in this topic

Is this legit or a fake? Help

So I just recently bought this Spider-Gwen and I noticed that the comic book pages are not aligned with the actual cover and back page. Also, the comic inside the CGC is tilted a little rather than being straight throughout. The label up on the top is also more lighter than my other CGC's but I do not see a crack on the corners showing that the case has been opened before.image.thumb.jpeg.3430ca7302e7b056f1a796637ca9d3e5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7beef8a8583a8fa11c0aa2333f83fa4f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ec58b4701b13cfb412b6ffe4610c109f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d5ac000769199c07736a42b85ea9b2ad.jpeg

Edited by Riceguy101

4 hours ago, Riceguy101 said:

I'm hoping so. I asked the seller and he said it was the inert paper. But he has a few feedback from people saying the CGC's are open. This one looks fine but I just wanted to make sure.

Why in the Wide Wide World of Sports would you buy a slab from someone with feedback complaining about opened slabs?

Edited by shadroch

I cracked one of the newest cases not long ago to do a resub...  Maybe its because its the only case I've ever cracked but I don't see any way for someone to crack open one of these without it looking like it.  They are tough cases.  Also, to @oakman29 point case manipulation is likely to occur with high dollar keys.  

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

I cracked one of the newest cases not long ago to do a resub...  Maybe its because its the only case I've ever cracked but I don't see any way for someone to crack open one of these without it looking like it.  They are tough cases.  Also, to @oakman29 point case manipulation is likely to occur with high dollar keys.  

+1

There's no way to open the new cases without it being very apparent that it's been opened. This one looks fine.

3 hours ago, comicquant said:

If I were the sort to try to manipulate slabs, I'd be practicing on low value  ones before attempting high value ones.

On 5/21/2017 at 2:14 PM, Riceguy101 said:

I'm hoping so. I asked the seller and he said it was the inert paper. But he has a few feedback from people saying the CGC's are open. This one looks fine but I just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, that is definitely micro-chamber paper sticking out.