• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Estate Auction: original owner 92 years old, 200+ Pre-code, Crime and Romance Gold
3 3

164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bearcatcoach said:

This was an auction I wanted to go to but was set up at the Motor City Con....wish they would have had it on another weekend....the owners would have made quite a bit more money...lol

Where are you from? I would like to have a Hoosier Comic Club meeting at my house this fall.

Just now, tabcom said:

Where are you from? I would like to have a Hoosier Comic Club meeting at my house this fall.

I went to Ball State for my Ph.D. and saw today that they have a comic estate sale in Muncie coming up! Don't ask where I saw it as I just tried tofind it again and could not. But I wish they were doing that in 1995-1998 when I lived there.

Met the daughter. Said father is still alive in a nursing home. Didn't have any stories to tell. I wasn't very social with the crowd. Had my game face on until I got in the car and rolled away.

3 minutes ago, tabcom said:

Met the daughter. Said father is still alive in a nursing home. Didn't have any stories to tell. I wasn't very social with the crowd. Had my game face on until I got in the car and rolled away.

I wonder what he would have thought of the prices his pile of funny books brought?

1 minute ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Looks like Steven Spilger in your video....probably bought some of those lots....

He introduced himself as Steve. He was the big winner, I was second, then the guy from PA, Ozzie. 

14 minutes ago, Bird said:

I went to Ball State for my Ph.D. and saw today that they have a comic estate sale in Muncie coming up! Don't ask where I saw it as I just tried tofind it again and could not. But I wish they were doing that in 1995-1998 when I lived there.

BS and MA from Ball State in the 80's for me....and been in the area ever since!

Have not seen anything local about a estate comic auction here but if you find the info please PM....thanks!

4 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

BS and MA from Ball State in the 80's for me....and been in the area ever since!

Have not seen anything local about a estate comic auction here but if you find the info please PM....thanks!

IU grad '86 here.