• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Estate Auction: original owner 92 years old, 200+ Pre-code, Crime and Romance Gold
3 3

164 posts in this topic

Just fantastic stuff. The lot that went for $3300 contained several books on my want list, including Venus 17. I can only imagine what grade it was and if it is anything like these fabulous books you acquired it is worth a lot.

1 hour ago, Bearcatcoach said:

BS and MA from Ball State in the 80's for me....and been in the area ever since!

Have not seen anything local about a estate comic auction here but if you find the info please PM....thanks!

If  remember (and I will, just might be a day or two) I will check my browser history at work and post here in the thread.

24 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Just fantastic stuff. The lot that went for $3300 contained several books on my want list, including Venus 17. I can only imagine what grade it was and if it is anything like these fabulous books you acquired it is worth a lot.

Yes, that was best lot. I had to step back and watch the other two duel it out. That gambit worked out just fine for me.

2 minutes ago, tabcom said:

Yes, that was best lot. I had to step back and watch the other two duel it out. That gambit worked out just fine for me.

I definitely agree, you acquired a lot of great books!

the Daring Comics 1 was the comic I started hyper ventilating over. I saw the Atlas', but my personal repulsion of the covers couldn't pull the trigger on bidding.   

13 minutes ago, tabcom said:

40 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

That was an incredible deal. Not only a nice, super rare TOT Annual #1 but the Venus, Dark Mysteries #13, Strange Terrors Giant, that killler Thrilling Crime are all easily "over guide" books several times over, then throwing some super high grade EC's. What a deal!

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

That was an incredible deal. Not only a nice, super rare TOT Annual #1 but the Venus, Dark Mysteries #13, Strange Terrors Giant, that killler Thrilling Crime are all easily "over guide" books several times over, then throwing some super high grade EC's. What a deal!

Sorry my memory stick emptied out. You missed the second half of the show.