• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic & Toy Show - June 18th 2017
2 2

52 posts in this topic

@greggy won't be attending, so the pre-show shopping Bonanza will be less competitive.

The ferocious Roast of @aardvark88 will also be less competitive.

Our dollar boxes, while always legendary, will be extra legendary this time.  @Thanos88 and I will retain our titles.

Related image

Busy bagging and boarding new books for the upcoming show all day. Picked up seven parcels over the border today. Here is a small preview of what I will bring for the greatest dads. 

I can't show all the books as I have a long box full of BA Marvel books. It's a new arrival. 

IMG_0717.JPG

16 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Time to start bagging and boarding before Father's Day con ! :news:

zkIMyNg.jpg

Don't waste your time with bagging and boarding.

Just bring all of those books that you recently got slabbed from CGC since this will save you a lot of time and yet put much more money into your pocket.  hm

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

hmm, only high-rollers like Mr lou_fine can afford blue label slabbed funny books.

Allan;

Absolutely no problem as long as they are of vintage quality books, in nice presenting condition (i.e. relatively high grade), priced at or slightly under condition guide, and doesn't go past my threshold level of $1K per book.  (thumbsu

Or are these things now mutually exclusive in today's robust marketplace, as it's definitely been a long time since I've been able to pick up a nice half decent book for my collection?  :frown: 

Attendance seemed to be about 10% lower than previous Father's Day con but record breaking retail sales at my wall table. Sample sales:

King Comics # 42 Popeye, raw 7.5 $200

Dell Giant Disney vf $60

Capt Marvel 18 (Carol Danvers) vf $45

Logans Run #1 Perez

Micronauts v. 1, #1 2 copies

Transformers vol. 1, #1 $28

Amazing Adventures #11 (blue Beast) vf+ $175

3 pre-code Horrors (Saunders painted cover, etc.) bundle for $500

ASM wedding annual

Batman 428 'death of Robin', Batman Family #7 $45 Joker's daughter 'early Harleyquin' cover

Capt America 241 vs Punisher $20

Starlord #1 John Byrne reprint from mag Marvel Preview #11

Flash Comics #85 Black Canary at way over guide ^^ for raw vg 4.0 to Flatliner. Cost calculated based on 2.5 years of Costco diapers for his new born son named after Flatliner's 2 fave :x comic influences: greggy Stan Lee Flatliner. Happy 1st Father's Day to Flatliner. :news:

On 2017-06-11 at 6:48 PM, Fan Boy said:

I have been looking for a nice raw GA book to add into my collection. I hope something can be found at this show. :wishluck:

Fan boy: thanks for purchasing that history of Canadian whites :blush: hard cover book from circa 1974.

Attendance did seem to be a bit down.

Sales were pretty good again, thanks to a nice top-up from my usual end of show clearance. 

Hallowe'en is specialty, so we will be going all out for that show. Bringing back the wall mount, 2 tables, and hopefully an incredible array of sweet books.

Was a bit surprised that vintage comics and original strip art dealer Ferd drove all the way in from Winnipeg, 

Spoiler

Winnipeg is north of the Detroit, Michigan area for u Americans who don't know Canadian map.

MB. He picked up his helper from Calgary to spend the weekend in the Vancouver area.

12 hours ago, Flatliner1313 said:

Attendance did seem to be a bit down.

Sales were pretty good again, thanks to a nice top-up from my usual end of show clearance. 

Hallowe'en is specialty, so we will be going all out for that show. Bringing back the wall mount, 2 tables, and hopefully an incredible array of sweet books.

Please bring more Flashes in same grade level.  Thank you for the nice books, that put me three less #s on my WTB book.  This October I might go big to look for one key book. It bugged me seeing this specific key book not in my collection! :pullhair: :nyah:

The June sales was bit low, same as last year. But I did get my first American sale, sold to a loverly young girl from WA state two books. She paid with one U.S. bill.  No... it is not a George Washington bill lol. However, she is a big Black Canary fan.

Sold some books like:

Action Comics #331 9.0  - $100

Many cheap graphic novel books flies away. We brought in two boxes (one big box and one short box) and we took back home with two short boxes. Sold them over about $100 worth. 

Bronze Age Marvel long box at $1.00 ea, sold about half that. 

Many $2.00-20.00 bagged comics sold.

Halloween? Hmmm... maybe do something for fun at next show? 

Edited by Fan Boy
Misspelled

On June 19, 2017 at 0:46 PM, aardvark88 said:

Winnipeg is north of the Detroit, Michigan area for u Americans who don't know Canadian map.

(tsk) False!

Windsor ONT is North of Detroit.

WPG is north of Minneapolis.

Edited by Patriot6

Sorry Iceman,

Flash #86 GA was sold for a 'reasonable price' but still way over Guide :blush: during dealer set up. Think there was an AF #15 Cgc about 5.0 or 5.5 blue hm label in the main hall for all you hi-rollers.