• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It is 1997 what GA Comic Book do you buy & why? 4k Budget

14 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Cap 1 for sure. Bat 1 would have already passed 4K to be able to get a complete copy

I dont know, a 1.5 blue label sold for $4600 on '03 so not unreasonable to think you could get a complete one for 4k 6 years before that.

9 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I dont know, a 1.5 blue label sold for $4600 on '03 so not unreasonable to think you could get a complete one for 4k 6 years before that.

I guess, I know we sold some above that price around that time, but bargains are around.

Probably could have gotten a solid VG Cap #1 at that time though if you were lucky. And certainly could get solid copies of AS8 and WW1.

11 hours ago, khoo75 said:

Suspense 3, All Star 8, or Seven Seas 4 would have been good buys.  Great question btw.

hey thanks! I think I would have tried Batman 1 because at that time. The only Superhero movie around was Batman (Michael Keaton) special effects werent that great. The boom really starter around 2002 (in my opinion) so obviously with what we know now all star #8 or more fun #73 would have soooo affordable back then

9 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

hey thanks! I think I would have tried Batman 1 because at that time. The only Superhero movie around was Batman (Michael Keaton) special effects werent that great. The boom really starter around 2002 (in my opinion) so obviously with what we know now all star #8 or more fun #73 would have soooo affordable back then

More Fun 73 is what I thought of, as well as Cap 1.

15 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

I guess, I know we sold some above that price around that time, but bargains are around.

Probably could have gotten a solid VG Cap #1 at that time though if you were lucky. And certainly could get solid copies of AS8 and WW1.

I bought my Batman 1 in 1999 from CLINK for $6250.  Unrestored except for the amatuer tape down the spine.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:20 PM, batman_fan said:

I bought my Batman 1 in 1999 from CLINK for $6250.  Unrestored except for the amatuer tape down the spine.

wow thats awesome @batman_fan  Are/were you trying to complete the whole batman run or just wanted to get the BAT #1 back then?  If you have anything for sale or trade let me know. I have some GA goodies and I am always buying bats or Tecs GA :)

10 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

wow thats awesome @batman_fan  Are/were you trying to complete the whole batman run or just wanted to get the BAT #1 back then?  If you have anything for sale or trade let me know. I have some GA goodies and I am always buying bats or Tecs GA :)

I grabbed the Batman 1 as part of the run I wanted to finish.  I have from issue 1 to issue 6xx  I can't remember exactly which issue I stopped at  

At some point in time I will start selling off some of my dups but I haven't had a lot of time to start digging through everything.