• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

35 CENT PRICE VARIANT SET COMPLETED!!!!!
1 1

53 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ghostzapper said:

You have a double cover Spider-Man 35 Cent Variant? If you don't want to show off in this thread send me a PM if possible, I would love to see it.

Thanks!

Sorry, they are all buried and as many on here know, they are just a "mass of stuff" right now.

That's awesome. Congrats on the collection.. Funny thing though. A few days ago I was rummaging through an old box of comics I have had for 25 years and it was just sitting in the closet never looked at hardly.As I was going through them I found Marvel super heroes #65 and #66  .35 variants in extremely high grades.. The person I bought the books from had bagged the comics as soon as he bought them.These were just forgotten for years.

http://imgur.com/a/9HqkB

http://imgur.com/a/1ZIq4

Back of #66

Edited by ablue

On 6/4/2017 at 8:45 PM, ablue said:

That's awesome. Congrats on the collection.. Funny thing though. A few days ago I was rummaging through an old box of comics I have had for 25 years and it was just sitting in the closet never looked at hardly.As I was going through them I found Marvel super heroes #65 and #66  .35 variants in extremely high grades.. The person I bought the books from had bagged the comics as soon as he bought them.These were just forgotten for years.

http://imgur.com/a/9HqkB

http://imgur.com/a/1ZIq4

Back of #66

Nice find!

On 6/3/2017 at 2:14 PM, rjrjr said:

Do you have pictures of the Star Wars #1 - 4 $0.35 variants?  Those books continue to astonish with the prices they fetch.

Which books did you pay the most for?

Not sure of the OP saw this or not.

9 hours ago, Cap_Nut said:

There is a 8.0 Fury 142 on Ebay currently. The ask price is astronomical. Wondering what is special about this ish. Other than the 35 cent price. Thanks.

It's the rarity of the $.35 variants, they were only available in certain test markets.  There is one copy on the census higher at 8.5 which sold for close to $5500 in may of this year.  Not many in the census so for completists of the price variant run, copies are scarce.  A buyer will come along eventually, maybe not at 5k but I bet he gets close to it.  Don't forget, people that collect these(including myself) are a bit nuts.  There's a thread dedicated to it here on the boards:

Thank you for the thread! I lived in a price variant location in '77. Caught some of these but was completely unaware. Eg, if there was a 30cent copy, I'd buy that to save the nickel. IF 14 is a case in point. Arrghh. I just missed Star Wars 1. But captured 2,3,4. If only, lol. Caught Godzilla 1, Human Fly 1, the Tarzans, John Carters, Iron Man 100, Marvel 2in1 28, Invaders 17, 3D man 35 I think, have to check. Nova 10-14, 2 FFs, Avengers 161.162, I lost some in the flood of '83 here in Bayou country -. Louisiana, but these, except for the sold ones, remain.

Hey John,

Just saw this fantastic post about you completing the entire Marvel 35 Cent Variant run. WOW WOW WOW..

This is truly a spectacular accomplishment. I sincerely congratulate you.

The Marvel 35 Cent Variants hold a magnetic appeal to many of us, due to their stunning scarcity, interesting range of key issues, and considerable worth.  You are an inspiration to collectors everywhere. 

Cheers!

CDO

An amazing feat . I have one lonely copy of these com is it’s Invaders 20 . I collect submariner related comics so this one is very special as it reprints his first ever appearance from the golden age . 

im not sure how this ranks in rarity with the others I’m happy to have one . Can’t show the slab so I cropped the pic :

A401A9F2-27AD-417B-B79A-E2FD5ADE5262.jpeg