• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to jonjesper?
2 2

64 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Exactly. These mods should take more time learning the ebb and flow of the boards and the personalities instead of firing first and asking questions later. :makepoint: 

Except that the action was for masking, not for insulting another member. Context isn't relevant for masking... well, maybe for the (four-letter) "D" word, but that's a special case.

26 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Except that the action was for masking, not for insulting another member. Context isn't relevant for masking... well, maybe for the (four-letter) "D" word, but that's a special case.

How do you know what other people get moderator action for?

hm

-slym

14 minutes ago, slym2none said:

How do you know what other people get moderator action for?

hm

-slym

I don't specifically know, but many people have had posts removed and received warnings or even strikes for masking, as I'm sure you are aware. I saw Sean's post before it was removed and it definitely contained a masked word.

It's possible that the action was for attacking another member, but I very highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

7 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Exactly. These mods should take more time learning the ebb and flow of the boards and the personalities instead of firing first and asking questions later. :makepoint: 

So it's worse to mask a blocked word than it is to insult another boardie.

Let's all just let that reality sink in for a while

:facepalm: 

10 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I just looked at your profile to see your warning points, but I guess those only show up on your own page.

Mods aren't handing out points yet unless you do something really ornery.

Like tell @greggy to STFU.

Obviously, that means show friends frilly undies.

masking in and of itself is okay. It is only masking used to go after someone else that draws moderation. I should know as I mask often and hilariously and have never gotten any moderator attention that I am aware of. 

3 hours ago, Bird said:

masking in and of itself is okay. It is only masking used to go after someone else that draws moderation. I should know as I mask often and hilariously and have never gotten any moderator attention that I am aware of. 

notified. 

Okay,where did the sumo guy get to?!

4 hours ago, Bird said:

All that means is that no one has humped the button on you. I find it funny that someone will button-hump over me calling someone an "Adam Henry" when 95% of the people don't know what that means, but "WTF" gets passed over all the time. If one person is to persecuted, then we all should be, equally, no?

-slym

3 hours ago, slym2none said:

All that means is that no one has humped the button on you. I find it funny that someone will button-hump over me calling someone an "Adam Henry" when 95% of the people don't know what that means, but "WTF" gets passed over all the time. If one person is to persecuted, then we all should be, equally, no?

-slym

I don't think it is about lack of humping. Arch stated very clearly somewhere that the perceived intent and tone of the masking is just as important as the masking. 

Edited by Bird
not recently but I have really pushed it at times and been stunned at no repercussions

4 hours ago, slym2none said:

-slym

OMG, you really need to let that go already :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, Bird said:

4 hours ago, slym2none said:

-slym

I don't think it is about lack of humping. Arch stated very clearly somewhere that the perceived intent and tone of the masking is just as important as the masking. 

That's not true. At least it never was. Mask the F word, have someone hump on it and you'll get slapped

2 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

That's not true. At least it never was. Mask the F word, have someone hump on it and you'll get slapped

Sure, it has to have been humped but I mask that word pretty often. Maybe there are not as many crazy button humpers  as people like to think.

Edited by Bird
decided not to poke the bear

from the terms of service

1. Masking of strong profanity - finding ways to defeat the profanity filters put in place, primarily when used in an insulting manner toward other members. (i.e. typing "@ss" instead of the real word in order to circumvent the filters

I like to talk like they do in Johnny Dangerously on occasion and never been slapped for it.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

Sure, it has to have been humped but I mask that word pretty often. Maybe there are not as many crazy button humpers  as people like to think.

There are, the guy who humped the button on Sean admitted to it, just not on this board. Though now it looks like multiple people can report a post where on the last iteration of the boards, once a post was reported, that was it.

9 hours ago, Bird said:

Then you aren't doing it right, Sean! :sumo: