• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to jonjesper?
2 2

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

There are, the guy who humped the button on Sean admitted to it, just not on this board. Though now it looks like multiple people can report a post where on the last iteration of the boards, once a post was reported, that was it.

I just want to go on record that I am fine with it.  I very rarely mask anything because it is more fun to make something up that is outside the filters.

But a JJ thread deserved something special. I think I am up to double figures in unreturned calls.  :acclaim:

32 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I just want to go on record that I am fine with it.  I very rarely mask anything because it is more fun to make something up that is outside the filters.

But a JJ thread deserved something special. I think I am up to double figures in unreturned calls.  :acclaim:

I didn't think this was something that was going to keep you up at night ?

5 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I didn't think this was something that was going to keep you up at night ?

Looks like it was keeping the button humper up at night. :( 

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

28 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Looks like it was keep the button humper up at night. :( 

I think it's safe to say it's been several nights xD

Apparently the person reported Sean, but it wasn't directed at Sean.  :screwy:

• Administrator
On 5/25/2017 at 5:38 AM, Jeffro. said:

That's not true. At least it never was. Mask the F word, have someone hump on it and you'll get slapped

Sure it is. In fact, it's been in a FAQ since 2014, and was true long before that...

I've seen people get slapped for profanity masking that wasn't used as an insult or an attack on another person. All goes back to what is acceptable to one mod and what isn't to another mod. 

On 5/25/2017 at 2:24 AM, slym2none said:

All that means is that no one has humped the button on you. I find it funny that someone will button-hump over me calling someone an "Adam Henry" when 95% of the people don't know what that means, but "WTF" gets passed over all the time. If one person is to persecuted, then we all should be, equally, no?

-slym

On the old boards, wasn't this guy's :whatthe: name wtf?

3 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Sure it is. In fact, it's been in a FAQ since 2014, and was true long before that...

Arch -

Does post purging on the new boards function the same as on the original? i.e. Pruning for a single offending post is troublesome, so neighboring posts might also get deleted in the process?

Tx!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dick Pontoon said:

Arch -

Does post purging on the new boards function the same as on the original? i.e. Pruning for a single offending post is troublesome, so neighboring posts might also get deleted in the process?

Tx!

No... but also yes... I know, confusing. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

We can no longer remove "this post and all of its replies". What we can do is multi-select each individual post we want to remove and remove all of them that were individually selected.

THAT means it's easier to pull out one or two offending posts, and leave the rest in place even if they were in a chain of replies to the offending post. BUT, it ALSO means that it's MORE time consuming to remove  a bunch of posts that violate guidelines, because you have to select them one at a time. That could result in needed to pull a whole thread because it's too far gone, and too time consuming to clean up. Or it could result in having to just select a pages of posts and clip them because they keep quoting the bad stuff.

However, in most cases, I think it will result in more targeted clean ups and less removal of posts that are "fine".

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I've seen people get slapped for profanity masking that wasn't used as an insult or an attack on another person. All goes back to what is acceptable to one mod and what isn't to another mod. 

Sounds like this part of the FAQ:

But I'll add that if we go from an occasional profanity for emphasis among adults to people with a consistent pattern of inappropriate language, then the standards have to tighten to get people to use it with discretion rather than abandon.

Some people get too excessive, get reported for doing it overly much, and get a warning.

1 hour ago, Architecht said:
On 5/25/2017 at 6:38 AM, Jeffro. said:

That's not true. At least it never was. Mask the F word, have someone hump on it and you'll get slapped

^^

15 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I got a slap for an anagram of 'Robot Man' in my Anagram Competition thread, in which I gave away free comics. I thought the mod in question played a blinder on that one.

15 hours ago, Architecht said:

No... but also yes... I know, confusing. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

We can no longer remove "this post and all of its replies". What we can do is multi-select each individual post we want to remove and remove all of them that were individually selected.

THAT means it's easier to pull out one or two offending posts, and leave the rest in place even if they were in a chain of replies to the offending post. BUT, it ALSO means that it's MORE time consuming to remove  a bunch of posts that violate guidelines, because you have to select them one at a time. That could result in needed to pull a whole thread because it's too far gone, and too time consuming to clean up. Or it could result in having to just select a pages of posts and clip them because they keep quoting the bad stuff.

However, in most cases, I think it will result in more targeted clean ups and less removal of posts that are "fine".

If the decision is taken to delete an entire thread, should that thread move to the OPs 'Your Threads Remove by Moderators' section Arch?

On 2017-5-27 at 5:27 PM, Marwood & I said:

If the decision is taken to delete an entire thread, should that thread move to the OPs 'Your Threads Remove by Moderators' section Arch?

tumblr_oppxitQbNi1qmob6ro1_500.gif.837cd0575b51c931d54c38797c522279.gif