• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LEGION Love

30 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Timber Wolf also had a mini-series set in the 20th century, and I'm pretty sure the entire Valor (aka Mon El) series was "present day", wasn't it?

Yeah, and the Karate Kid book from the 70's was modern day.

The thing about LSH is, when you put them all together, they are insanely powerful. So they would be redundant in a time that already has a JLA, a Green Lantern Corps. etc.

BTW, I think Starlin did draw some issues back in the Copper days. Or at least did some covers.

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Dude, Paul Pope LoSH? I would be ALL OVER that.

I know right? Too bad ALAN MOORE hates DC right now but he could rock that world. Of course it would probably involve half of them going insane and the other half being killed.

1 minute ago, adampasz said:

Yeah, and the Karate Kid book from the 70's was modern day.

The thing about LSH is, when you put them all together, they are insanely powerful. So they would be redundant in a time that already has a JLA, a Green Lantern Corps. etc.

BTW, I think Starlin did draw some issues back in the Copper days. Or at least did some covers.

Well, you could always de-power them somewhat or set a limit to membership. I mean I always kind of wondered why they are all together at once. Did the clubhouse have THAT much room. I always thought they should run like a firehouse. Rotating the membership with shifts.

But part of the fun of the Legion is that they are insanely powerful in a very Silver-agey way. Otherwise they are just run-of-the-mill teenage super-heroes. The clubhouse was silly, but the new HQ from the Levitz era was pretty roomy.
http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspot.com/2015/01/legion-hq-circa-2984.html?spref=pi

Hmmm. Like a big hotel. I know the power level of the Legion is way up there as a group so its hard to come up with credible threats. Past stories always seemed to deal more with in-fighting or betrayal rather than an outside threat. Another thing is that they are all teenagers. Hormones must be raging in the clubhouse. I mean in all these years not a single pregnancy? Also, do they eject a Legionaire once they reach a certain age ala LOGAN'S RUN? I don't remember them every getting old though I may have missed that.

2 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

Hmmm. Like a big hotel. I know the power level of the Legion is way up there as a group so its hard to come up with credible threats. Past stories always seemed to deal more with in-fighting or betrayal rather than an outside threat. Another thing is that they are all teenagers. Hormones must be raging in the clubhouse. I mean in all these years not a single pregnancy? Also, do they eject a Legionaire once they reach a certain age ala LOGAN'S RUN? I don't remember them every getting old though I may have missed that.

Actually Imra and Garth had twins, one of which ended up becoming Validus IIRC.

On 5/24/2017 at 1:42 PM, Dogsupreme said:

I would love to see JIM STARLIN take a crack at it. Perhaps Paul Pope or Terry Moore.

The issues you're looking for are Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes 239, 250, and 251.  Although the 250 and 251 were originally intended for a special edition, and reworking them into this 2-parter led to Starlin taking his name off the books.

I'm firmly in the "Long live the LEGION" group, I've got the entire run all the way back to Adventure 247.  The one long-running series where I have the complete run.

On 22/05/2017 at 9:59 PM, Dogsupreme said:

Are they still doing LEGION comics?

I don't think there have been any new Legion comics since the New52 series was cancelled in 2013.  I've not read it, but the final issue was said to have implied that the series was set in the future of Earth 2, making room in regular continuity for another series, depressingly entitled Justice League 3000.

On 26/05/2017 at 0:50 AM, OtherEric said:

The issues you're looking for are Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes 239, 250, and 251.  Although the 250 and 251 were originally intended for a special edition, and reworking them into this 2-parter led to Starlin taking his name off the books.

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #238 is also worth a look, as it featured a wraparound Starlin cover.

Superboy+and+Legion+238.jpg