• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Peaks 2017
1 1

49 posts in this topic

I'm really looking forward to this, but I like saving some stuff that I really like until it's all in the can.  Sometimes I'll track it down then, or other times just wait until I come across it at a good time when I need something new.  Like I waited the few years to watch all 3 LOTR when the last one was out.  

A few years ago a dumb-humor show I enjoyed called Psych had an episode that after five minutes I realized had to be an homage to TP (girl dies that looked a bit like Laura and her name was Paula Merral  (anagram of Laura Palmer) and then the theme song clinched it.  And the guest stars . . .

Prompted me to go back and watch the series and FWWM again, first time in decades.  Real glad to hear you guys enjoyed it, even Janet.  Really looking forward to it.

Just came across this thread. Watched all episodes as they came out and I thought it was the most creative use of television I've ever seen. Brilliant, visually stunning. Perplexing but still accessible. I highly recommend the doc David Lynch: A Life in Art.

I know I’m late for the party, but I finally caught up with the 2017 season.

Wow, just wow.

I was a huge Twin Peaks fan in high school, so this was like a welcome return to form for the series that lost its way through the mid-2nd season.

The visuals and narrative of the original series pretty much invented Modern day television.  After The Killing came out, I always hoped for this, but realistically never thought it would ever happen.  Which would have been fine, I guess, as part of the OS's legacy and charm was that it didn't conform to TV.

Personally, I never thought I would watch something with James Belushi in it and like it. lol 

The thing I did notice was it lacked the female sex-appeal of the OS.  It seemed like Sherllynn Fenn, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Lee, Laura Flynn Boyle and so many others gave reason for so much of the insanity in the first place.  Granted, its great to Madchen again, but that was also an aspect that we all talked about the next day, like when Fenn tied the cherry stem in a knot with her tongue, something probably considered tame by today's standards, but just as shocking as seeing "girl next door" Laura Palmer wrapped up in plastic.

The only other flaw I saw was the casting of Michael Cera.  His scene really went way too long.

But that ending.  I'm dying to see Carrie Page's story now.  I guess, I'm glad don't have to wait as long as you guys have since it came out.  Hopefully they'll be some production movement in a couple years.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, jsilverjanet said:

fire walk with me criterion edition comes out in October. I'll be picking that up 

I've had that one for a while now, might take that out of the shrinkwrap tomorrow.

I've only opened the Mulholland Drive Criterion to watch (very disappointed with the extras,) but a great movie.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Weird Paper said:

What is particularly compelling, though, is seeing Crysta Bell again. She's a local, and used to be in this fantastic band called 8 1/2 Souvenirs. She seems a little stiff on the show, but she had fantastic stage presence as a singer. I was hoping she'd be singing in the show. Maybe the agents will all go out for karaoke and Ed Sheeran will show up.

She was perfect in this.  I'm sure Lynch was "directing" her to be rather subdued and not as crazy as some of the actors were in the 2nd part of Season 2.  I could see her becoming like "Coop" in eccentricity down the road, especially with no "Albert" to ground her. :( 

My favorite new character, would be Candie, the actress's name escapes me, but I felt everyone of her scenes fit the Lynch universe of quirkiness.  I hope she can return in some capacity down the road.