• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Peaks 2017
1 1

49 posts in this topic

I suspect there will be college courses dedicated to understanding/interpreting that episode 

it it reminded me of mullholland drive on LSD. probably the most bold thing I've seen in years. 

On June 26, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Awax said:

If you have been watching and were on the fence about continuing this show, well I'm sure you fell of and ran far far away after last night. :roflmao:

Me, I'm a lynch fan. Last night was a gift. 

Now we wait for two weeks. 

That show was David Lynch giving a 45-minute-long middle finger to his fans. I loved the original, but I find my tolerance for bullspoon has faded in correlation with tv shows in general getting bolder. I'm still watching it, though. Sometimes it's compelling, and sometimes it's ten minutes of a guy sweeping the floor. 

What is particularly compelling, though, is seeing Crysta Bell again. She's a local, and used to be in this fantastic band called 8 1/2 Souvenirs. She seems a little stiff on the show, but she had fantastic stage presence as a singer. I was hoping she'd be singing in the show. Maybe the agents will all go out for karaoke and Ed Sheeran will show up.

11 minutes ago, Weird Paper said:

That show was David Lynch giving a 45-minute-long middle finger to his fans. I loved the original, but I find my tolerance for bullspoon has faded in correlation with tv shows in general getting bolder. I'm still watching it, though. Sometimes it's compelling, and sometimes it's ten minutes of a guy sweeping the floor. 

What is particularly compelling, though, is seeing Crysta Bell again. She's a local, and used to be in this fantastic band called 8 1/2 Souvenirs. She seems a little stiff on the show, but she had fantastic stage presence as a singer. I was hoping she'd be singing in the show. Maybe the agents will all go out for karaoke and Ed Sheeran will show up.

45 middle finger to what fans? Lynch fans.  It was very Eraserhead like. .. but to twin peaks fans, I can see it hard to swallow. But watch it again... it's beautiful.  Like a painting come to life.  Very cool

and here's some stuff from lynch  a while back that might help explain where he's coming from with this series:

[Lynch] made the point that in a day, a person might have an argument, share a stupid joke with some friends, see some horrible murders on TV, sit in an office doing boring stuff, sit in an empty bar where pretty much nothing was happening listening to music, play with their kids, go to a supermarket, go fishing for an hour in the evening, drive for half an hour in a car, have sex.... So, he said ( this was in an interview a couple of years ago at around the time he must have been filming this, or preparing to ) - if all these things can co-exist in our daily lives without it being a trauma, or hard to digest, why not make a film that reflects that, that has goofy bits and horrible bits and thoughtful bits and empty bits and cynical bits and emo bits, that covers all the different kinds of moods people can go through in a day, rather than, as most dramas do, retaining some kind of consistent mood or tone or attitude all the way through?

Yeah, I meant that somewhat tongue-in-cheek. It definitely got old fast, though. On the other hand, I love the little quirky odd bits he would sprinkle though this (and the original) series. 

I think there may be a fine line between being weird with a purpose and being weird just to be weird. But hey, Babe Ruth struck out a bunch too.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:30 AM, Awax said:

If anyone bailed on this early then they are missing out big time. 

Last part was was so great.. so much is happening now..

only four more parts :cry:

I find it hard to believe that after the 14 episodes I've watched that he can tie some of the loose ends he's created this season.

i suspect there will be a season 2.

as far as the last episode, that was new dialogue that was added in the flashback scene with Bowie correct?

also who hasn't had a Monica Bellucci dream :luhv: 

So finally saw it. Discussed some with Awax. 

I thought the ending was great. As much as I'd like to see another season or movie, it ended perfectly that I may not need to see anything else.

there was only one storyline that was left unresolved for me but nothing critical.

fire walk with me criterion edition comes out in October. I'll be picking that up