• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Train to Busan

17 posts in this topic

This film was noted in the horror thread (a search didn't bring up anything else) but this one gets its own thread it's so damn good.

Out on Netflix streaming and download is Train to Busan.

Simply one of the most brilliant and well done zombie movies I've ever seen. Great characters and story line, well acted and well paced. 

Really something special. 

It's filmed in Korean, so you've got subtitles, but you stop noticing a few minutes in.

They should get the writers from this film on The Walking Dead team IMMEDIATELY. 

Edited by comix4fun

Cool, my friend was just telling about this on Monday, and luckily it's on Netflix, so I'll be checking it out soon!

2 hours ago, Ijiwaru Sensei said:

Just watched it. Great zombie action, but man, the film oozes sentimentality and overacting. 

Maybe I missed it while reading the subtitles. lol

I believe I was one of the early people to recommend Train to Busan here, after buying a import DVD with bad English subtitles.  Another one I believe I've recommended before, but it you haven't seen it, is Witching & Bit ch ing (sans spaces) from 2013, it's exceptional for taking the viewer on a wild ride not expected (save yourself from reading a description and go in not knowing what you've stepped into).  It's available through Netflix, but not on streaming.  Or you can get it on amazon, they've got a HD version with English subtitles on streaming if you want to buy it, because the blu-ray doesn't have English subtitles, only the DVD.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

I was sooo excited for this sequel of sorts. Just watched Peninsula today and it was disappointing. For some reason they decided to make the car chase scenes CGI. Not a big deal for one or two scenes but there were many. I’ve seen better animation in video games. Seriously. Quarantined South Korea looked fantastic and reminiscent of Escape from New York. The Mad Max scenes were silly. The original movie was great, stick with that one, pass on this one.

6 minutes ago, Grails said:

I was sooo excited for this sequel of sorts. Just watched Peninsula today and it was disappointing. For some reason they decided to make the car chase scenes CGI. Not a big deal for one or two scenes but there were many. I’ve seen better animation in video games. Seriously. Quarantined South Korea looked fantastic and reminiscent of Escape from New York. The Mad Max scenes were silly. The original movie was great, stick with that one, pass on this one.

Thanks for the input.  Will pass