• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Army At War 151 value

4 posts in this topic

Hi on auction sites anywhere from 88.00 to 160.00 war comics are a little soft on price right now, Guide price in the 196.00 range.in my opinion. Just guessing I would have to see the back and inside to raise the grade.

On 5/23/2017 at 9:41 PM, Barlor 001 said:

Hi on auction sites anywhere from 88.00 to 160.00 war comics are a little soft on price right now, Guide price in the 196.00 range.in my opinion. Just guessing I would have to see the back and inside to raise the grade.

This is why I asked. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Our-Army-At-War-151-CGC-8-5-DC-1965-1st-Enemy-Ace-Sgt-Rock-Cover-D12-cm-/351274501209?hash=item51c9978459:g:CsQAAOSwMpZUqEP1

That listing and two 9.0s (asking price $1,295 and 1,500) just came up today after I couldn't find anything in the ballpark even on Heritage Auctions within the past few years.  For what it's worth, I ended up submitting it for grading.  Those are the two best copies I've seen for sale but I felt my copy was well worth grading.

Oh and the back is good.  My scan actually doesn't do the book justice but it's a strong candidate for 8.5 if not better.