• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC 2017 Registry Awards deadline June 9th!

23 posts in this topic

• Administrator
CGC 2017 Registry Awards deadline June 9th!

Every year, CGC awards the top sets in the CGC Registry. We’re looking for the world’s greatest sets, and this is your opportunity to make sure yours is among them! Ensure your set is at its best by 5 p.m. ET on June 9 to be automatically considered for awards. Winners will be announced July 14.

Click here for full details

Here is me being a sore loser no idea what it takes to win modern but I give up

2 hours ago, newshane said:

Here is me being a sore loser no idea what it takes to win modern but I give up

Don't quit.

I remember how crushed I was not winning a "Best Modern Set" in 2010.

But, I went on to win the more difficult "Best Presented Set" (my opinion) the next year.

Do some tweaks here and there to your Registry Set throughout the year and try again. :)  

5 minutes ago, Lethal_Collector said:

All you gotta do is slide them some cash.  At least that is what I think since my Modern Age Grails didn't win either, buddy lol

Jerome

I don't think it helped that I started a thread called "I hate the new boards."

lol

I really want to start quoting statistics, but I think I've cried enough and I don't want to take anything away from the winners - especially that beautiful Preacher set. Nothing head-scratching about that win.

I'm stopping at issue 275, so as the registry continues to grow in size, my completion percentage will continue to shrink. Not sure if I'll ever win now, even if I do find the remaining five books.

But I continue to enjoy my collection, and the hunt, nonetheless. (thumbsu

Congrats to all the winners - especially Rune! :foryou:

38 minutes ago, newshane said:

lol

I really want to start quoting statistics, but I think I've cried enough and I don't want to take anything away from the winners - especially that beautiful Preacher set. Nothing head-scratching about that win.

I'm stopping at issue 275, so as the registry continues to grow in size, my completion percentage will continue to shrink. Not sure if I'll ever win now, even if I do find the remaining five books.

Toldja to change the title lollol

6 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Toldja to change the title lollol

You certainly did! :tink:

Hahaha...now that I'm used to the aesthetics, if they would just speed up the messenger system a tad and overall responsiveness, I might just change that title! :roflmao:

But that's a topic for another thread.

Edited by newshane

On 7/14/2017 at 7:30 PM, newshane said:

lol

I appreciate the compliment on the Preacher set.  I had no idea it was even being considered for the best modern age category.  So, no one was more surprised than I was.