• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of Secrets 92 too hot to handle
5 5

287 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

A Look Back was quite well known back in the day - there are multiple editions out there

Looks like a cool book but in need of a new printing. These are pricey on the aftermarket.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:06 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

If you want some advice I have learned the hard way, never sell a key unless you have an undercopy. You always want to stay in the game. Get that raw copy soon before a raw 7.0 is selling for 3K (just joking of course).

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I’ve had two hos 92’s. Can’t seem to hang onto them. Weird book. 

On 2018-04-03 at 3:06 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

If you want some advice I have learned the hard way, never sell a key unless you have an undercopy. You always want to stay in the game. Get that raw copy soon before a raw 7.0 is selling for 3K (just joking of course).

+1

If you look at he price gains across the board for most bigger BA keys again to start 2018, you can generate a nice return by buying the best copy of bigger keys/hot cover SA and BA books and sitting on them for three years before considering selling. In some cases, that is all it takes for a nice 2x to 3x on your original investment. Buy a nice copy in November/December of each year and ride tuck then away for a future date.

FWIW, $3k for a 7.0 may nohave be that far off the way things are going. lol

2 hours ago, kimik said:

+1

If you look at he price gains across the board for most bigger BA keys again to start 2018, you can generate a nice return by buying the best copy of bigger keys/hot cover SA and BA books and sitting on them for three years before considering selling. In some cases, that is all it takes for a nice 2x to 3x on your original investment. Buy a nice copy in November/December of each year and ride tuck then away for a future date.

FWIW, $3k for a 7.0 may nohave be that far off the way things are going. lol

Pains me to admit to selling my Wrightson signed 7.5 copy 2 years ago at a show for $800 CDN. :(

RADAC54F2016419_104855.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

I hate everyone who got a good deal on this book back before it took off like a rocket ship. :sumo:

lol 

Seriously, I'm looking for the right time to jump in. I think it's a little overvalued. :(

A high-grade copy is one of my dream books. 

I am not so sure it is overvalued. This year looks like it is shaping up to be a year where the rest of the BA keys spike after the run up in Hulk 181 prices last year. ASM 129 and GSX 1 have already started to move up nicely over the past three or so months, and other key BA books like HOS 92 should follow suit.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:37 PM, fizsteeler said:

Has this book finally peaked

There's zero signs of it slowing down. I guess maybe compared to when it first blew up, it's slowing down, but it's still at an incline.

Edited by Darkowl

On 3/25/2019 at 10:29 PM, kimik said:

It looks like most DC SA and BA keys have slowed relative to their Marvel counterparts. I wonder if now is a good time to buy more?

Wait until I buy them all then jump in lol I have sold a 9.4 I got from Roy way too early a few years ago. And sold a 9.0 around a year ago for far less than I should have:kidaround: Should have a copy here on Friday that I have high hopes is 9.2 plus. So with the little money I made on the initial sales, coupled with the price I paid for the new book coming, I should be in the hole 200.00. Looking for a Super 233 to replace the many I have sold over the years!

Edited by johnenock