• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of Secrets 92 too hot to handle
5 5

287 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, Stingrayiii said:
On 1/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, fizsteeler said:

Has this book finally peaked

I think there might be a bump in price if the new TV series is good.

Any idea why the Swamp Thing TV series was cancelled so quickly after only the pilot epsiode was aired?  ???

Especially since I had PVRed the entire series along with the 1982 movie version featuring Adrienne B.B. Barbeau, and thought the TV series was quite well done.  (thumbsu

Made the mistake of watching the movie version after watching the TV series and needless to say, the difference in quality between the two was like night and day.  :p 

16 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea why the Swamp Thing TV series was cancelled so quickly after only the pilot epsiode was aired?  ???

Especially since I had PVRed the entire series along with the 1982 movie version featuring Adrienne B.B. Barbeau, and thought the TV series was quite well done.  (thumbsu

Made the mistake of watching the movie version after watching the TV series and needless to say, the difference in quality between the two was like night and day.  :p 

If I remember correctly it came down to cost, but I am not sure the real reason went public. I enjoyed it too, not as good as doom patrol, but it was good.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:29 AM, kimik said:

I am not so sure it is overvalued. This year looks like it is shaping up to be a year where the rest of the BA keys spike after the run up in Hulk 181 prices last year. ASM 129 and GSX 1 have already started to move up nicely over the past three or so months, and other key BA books like HOS 92 should follow suit.

Not sure I agree with you on ASM 129 prices...they look down to me, especially in 9.6, which is down by at least 20% since August.

I know that many of this say it all the time, but "I'm glad I bought my copy when I did."  

As far as I'm concerned the top 3 BA books to own outside of price variants are HOS 92, GSX1, and IH181 (in no particular order).

2c

18 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

I am currently watching this on eBay right now 

it seems high for this right? I mean it has been colored in on spots and it’s fairly wrinkled too

Swamp thing

D83EBF20-3CCD-472E-AF71-71D3F7795529.png

according to the bid history, there's someone with a feedback of just 1 who made several bids and kept pushing the price up.  Their bid history has 121 bids in the last 30 days over 30 auctions - mostly silver/bronze age books.

Shill bidder?

On 5/22/2020 at 1:25 PM, piper said:

I know that many of this say it all the time, but "I'm glad I bought my copy when I did."  

As far as I'm concerned the top 3 BA books to own outside of price variants are HOS 92, GSX1, and IH181 (in no particular order).

2c

Green Lantern 76

On 5/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, oldbsturgeon said:

I am currently watching this on eBay right now 

it seems high for this right? I mean it has been colored in on spots and it’s fairly wrinkled too

Swamp thing

D83EBF20-3CCD-472E-AF71-71D3F7795529.png

Sold for $860 ... There was another HoS 92 that ended this weekend ... I won it via second chance offer... I think the seller over shilled his own auction. He said the winning bidder bid incorrectly and didn't have the money ... that bidder bid twice the same morning the auction was ending... so yeah..

9 hours ago, Lukesaurus said:

A friend bought it of ebay 4 years ago and sold it to me yesterday for a small profit , well below the FMV . That’s all i know . It needs a press and then it’s off to CGC , hoping for a 6.0

Awesome! Congrats, if'n I could win a score like that, it'd just be hard for me to get a presentable copy lol 

Your's is Nice! :headbang: Treat your friend to some ice cream :tink: 

Okay here is a question concerning getting a HoS 92. I really want one and I can probably pay for one around 1000. So here is the deal. In order for me to get it, it’s going to require me to sell the modern slabs I have to get it. Books like power girl 27, wonder woman 184, detective comics 880, zatanna 16 and others. 
Would you do it?