• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of Secrets 92 too hot to handle
5 5

287 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:

Okay here is a question concerning getting a HoS 92. I really want one and I can probably pay for one around 1000. So here is the deal. In order for me to get it, it’s going to require me to sell the modern slabs I have to get it. Books like power girl 27, wonder woman 184, detective comics 880, zatanna 16 and others. 
Would you do it?

Yes I would

You would be able to re buy those at a later date presumably 

While I like and own most of those books as well, I don't see them springing to life any time soon to make them unattainable 

4 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

Okay here is a question concerning getting a HoS 92. I really want one and I can probably pay for one around 1000. So here is the deal. In order for me to get it, it’s going to require me to sell the modern slabs I have to get it. Books like power girl 27, wonder woman 184, detective comics 880, zatanna 16 and others. 
Would you do it?

yes

29 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:
On 5/27/2020 at 7:38 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

Would you do it?

So I definitely sold all my modern slabs but I instead used that money to pay for some bills instead of buying the HoS 92

I don't blame you, times can be tough right now, glad you had something you were willing to part with and hope you made decent coin (thumbsu

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't blame you, times can be tough right now, glad you had something you were willing to part with and hope you made decent coin (thumbsu

Oh it wasn’t really an issue of needing the funds to pay bills or not be able to. I am actually in a fairly good spot especially working from home right now, but just decided to pay bills with that money instead of my paycheck

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Okay so I changed my mind already and am going to try and get one

8 minutes ago, oldbsturgeon said:
8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Okay so I changed my mind already and am going to try and get one

lol no pressure!

I thought with the comment earlier that the money was gone, but no worries haha! That working money is spendable too! :tink: 

14 minutes ago, ft88 said:

Just bought. 
539467C5-5CC5-49B7-9700-83109D95A904.thumb.jpeg.d0e24dfc2f23c8b85fd23915a303356c.jpeg

I'm jealous. It's a nice looking copy too. Is it just me or does the flat colors add to eerie pop colors. Kind of an oxymoron, but snap it's like its midnight on the swamp by candle light and the moon a flickerin'!

Super cool, I hope to have another chance at one one day ....

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm jealous. It's a nice looking copy too. Is it just me or does the flat colors add to eerie pop colors. Kind of an oxymoron, but snap it's like its midnight on the swamp by candle light and the moon a flickerin'!

Super cool, I hope to have another chance at one one day ....

Yeah your right some deffault add effects,i have 2 dd 182 dd on the tomb of electra one full color signed by klaus and one with colors a little fading,but it looks better less bright colors on that issue augment the mood,my favorite of the 2 it adds a uniqueness.3/4 of colors are there its a tone down that goes well,  nice  first swamp thing !!

Edited by Namtak

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

That's a beauty. 

This is on my short list of "must haves" for 2021. 

I have a high grade run of 70s HOS I've been slowly building as prices have gone crazy elsewhere and would love to get one of these guys in a high grade. 

Now is a good time to buy one. Prices are soft.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:38 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

Would you do it?

Hands down yes. 

Unless you have some attachment to those books HOS 92 is a much better key. 

Such a classic. 

10 hours ago, scooter99 said:

The last 2 sales of HOS 92 in 9.2 sold for $7,999 and $7100 and change.  That's soft?

I was basing it on lower grade copies such as my personal copy (CGC 7.0).