• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of Secrets 92 too hot to handle
5 5

287 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, piper said:

I was basing it on lower grade copies such as my personal copy (CGC 7.0).

Yup, I'm noticing that pretty much all the grades between 2.5-4.5 seem to float around the same price range, and all could be grabbed for under a grand. I'm of the mind that any copies of this book you can get within the $300-$800 range is ideal and have the best chance to grow.

I bought my 7.5 about 18(?) months ago for $1700.00 Here are some examples from eBay to at least show what sellers want there. All of them have plenty of "watchers" as well. The book is a phenom.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313504292520?hash=item48fe4fdea8:g:XHMAAOSwpnFggtiC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224435853343?hash=item34416b581f:g:3mMAAOSw~X1ggkLo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114586126099?hash=item1aaddd8713:g:c9wAAOSwal1f395F

HOS#92 7.5 OW:W.jpg

33 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I got mine just recently and feel like I got a great deal. I had waited on this one for a long time. 

I don't usually buy multiple copies of the same book, but I may with this one. Its probably my favorite BA book. 

20210408_150125.jpg

Nice!

I'm hoping that one day I'll maybe upgrade my 7.0 (anybody here want to downgrade?)...and keep buying multiples :D 

9 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Nice!

I'm hoping that one day I'll maybe upgrade my 7.0 (anybody here want to downgrade?)...and keep buying multiples :D 

It took me a long time to pull the trigger on this guy. 

I'm putting together a high grade 70s HOS run. This was obviously the biggest book in the run, so I wanted to wait for the right opportunity. All the other books are NM- to NM, so this will stand out a little. 

I feel like I chased this for so long I'm not done with it lol.  I would like to add a mid grade before it becomes to expensive. 

54 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Just wait till dc screws up a future adaptation of swamp thing and the value will plummet like all their other books. ;)

Is the current swampy series bad?

2 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Honestly I don’t know.  I just meant every dc movie so far has been garbage so if swampy makes it to the big screen, dc will find a way to screw it up like all their movies. 

Except the value of this book still keeps climbing after all these many adaptations. Swamp Thing has crept into the casual popular culture doxa, much like the Ninja Turtles (though not on the scale of turtle power), where it has literally become an evergreen property (no pun intended).

He's already been given two feature length movies, a cartoon series, and now a TV series - all of which the quality of them didn't do anything negative to the characters overall popularity or the value of his key books. His continuous use in the DC comics has always been good (Justice League Dark, and now his newest solo series which is excellent), so any new movie (live action or animated) put out by DC would only increase his presence.

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is the current swampy series bad?

If you mean the new comic series, then it's pretty good. I was on the fence with the first issue, but love the direction and fresh new 'character' they are going with. Definitely shaping up to be one of the better Swampy series in the last decade or so. 

If you mean the recent TV show, it was alright. Visually amazing, especially the early episodes that offered the perfect horrific tone. The plotting and --script becomes 'meh' towards the end, but nothing crazy bad. 100% something to check out if you like the character.

Edited by Sauce Dog

Just now, Sauce Dog said:

It's pretty good. I was on the fence with the first issue, but love the direction and fresh new 'character' they are going with. Definitely shaping up to be one of the better Swampy series in the last decade or so. 

I kind of meant the tv show but :takeit:

Just now, Sauce Dog said:

ahha. I figured that was what you meant and was editing my reply as you responded. See the comment now for the actually FULL critique :D

I caught a few too but early on. Nothing my family was into or close pals, but it was nice on the nights alone haha. Currently thinking about buying a swamp thing slab, so gravitated to the thread. It'd be nice to hear him having a following, still may be too early to tell for the "next generation" or what not idk

2 hours ago, drbanner said:

Anyone have a cool $150K laying around? Head over the Clink for this beauty! :whatthe:

RAD64172202158_3142.jpg

Holy mackerel!!!!

I think there are three 9.8s in the census, but the white pages make this even more outstanding. Wow.

53 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

If the top half of the spine was aligned perfectly, I could see someone paying that price with all the other insane prices being paid for BA keys lately. 

I almost wrote the exact same thing.

Still - with the market in a frenzy & the 9.8 & white pages, it should entertain some heat.