• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

I just re-watched the witch telling young Cersei her fortune.  The witch mentions that the King would have 20 children but Cersei would have only 3.  That would mean the one she's carrying now can't be born.

9 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I just re-watched the witch telling young Cersei her fortune.  The witch mentions that the King would have 20 children but Cersei would have only 3.  That would mean the one she's carrying now can't be born.

What I found interesting was that she went out of her way to enlighten others that Euron was going to bed her, rather than keeping things discreet and behind the scenes. So Cersei wants it believed that he is the father of the child (when Jamie is the actual father) to accommodate her future plans.

But good point, nonetheless - let’s see how it plays out!

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

So when you first watched GoT, were you confused why Sarah Connor was there (actually, there are two Sarah Connor's in GoT) and whether or not the T800 was the key to defeating the Night King?

Or were you wondering why Queen Gorgo would defile the memory of Leonidas by marrying Robert Baratheon?

No, no and no.

I didn't recognize any of whom you speak.

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Not reading any theory's or website I will wait till after I watch the show. I want 
nothing to ruin it for me. After both the books and this TV show I am savoring the
last season like a fine wine.

You are in the wrong thread if you want all that.:baiting:

I hadn't caught this.

Rob McElhenney, Martin Starr were in the Game of Thrones season 8 premiere

GoT_fans01.PNG.8f5b2b59eba74e5ae9b471604405998e.PNG

Sunday’s Game of Thrones season 8 premiere featured numerous reunions, one romantic dragon ride, zero elephants, and, as it turns out, two blink-and-you-miss-it cameos. During Theon’s rescue of Yara, he and his crew took out a few of Euron’s men, including two played by It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia‘s Rob McElhenney and Silicon Valley‘s Martin Starr.

McElhenney, who also co-created the long-running FXX comedy, confirmed his role on Instagram with a shot of an arrow through his eye and the caption, “Don’t blink.” If rewatching, McElhenney and Starr are the first two casualties.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Flies To New Series High With Final Season Debut Viewership

Back almost two years after Season 7 premiered, Sunday’s “Winterfell” Season 8 debut snared 17.4 million viewers for the premium cabler on-air and HBOGo and HBO Now

Even with a brief leak on DirecTV Now earlier on Sunday and the lon-going lack of HBO on Dish now,  that’s up 4% from the Season 7 “The Dragon and the Wolf” ender of August 27, 2017 once all the premium cabler’s linear and digital platforms are added up. An all-time best for any HBO series, the record breaker of last night’s season opener was also way up from the previous season opener record holder of Season 7’s “Dragonstone” of July 16, 2017.

A point that HBO will undoubtedly and rightly emphasis is the huge surge in digital participation that the Season 8 debut had. Reflecting the shifting habits of viewers in this Peak TV era, last night the best night ever that the now Warner Media-run premium cabler has ever had. Specifically, GoT was up almost 50% over the Season 7 ender and a whooping 97% over the Season 7 opener on HBOGo and HBO Now.

HUGE!

The British pay-TV platform recorded its biggest overnight audience ever for Winterfell; the hour-long episode launched with a total audience of 3.4M viewers. This was split between 2.7M viewers who watched or recorded the first airing, a 2am simulcast with HBO, and 698,000 viewers tuning in to watch at 9PM on Monday night.

Interestingly, 192,000 “superfans” stayed up to watch the show on Sky Atlantic in the middle of the night.

The rest of the audience was made up of people who recorded the 2am simulcast and watched it at some point the following day before the 9PM encore presentation.

These numbers were up 20% on the first episode of season seven, which itself broke records for Sky. The 2017 season recorded an overnight audience of 2.83M, which split between 2.04M viewers watching or taping the 2am simulcast (including 121,000 viewers watching live in the middle of the night) and 788,000 tuning in to the 9PM TX.

I am curious to see what comes next for the GoT universe. I would love to see them continue with prequel (and sequel?) TV shows, but also mix in a feature film every year or two on the big screen to move major events forward.

Edited by kimik

On 4/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, Antpark said:

With this being the premiere and 1 of only 6 episodes this season, it was a little underwhelming for me. I understand they had to do some exposition, but it felt like a 1 hour logistics meeting

Just like the first episode of almost every season before this one.  I was expecting it to be like this, but at least this one tied up more loose ends than it created unlike previous season premieres.  Which you would expect given that this is the end.