• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, jcjames said:
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, ExNihilo said:

So when you first watched GoT, were you confused why Sarah Connor was there (actually, there are two Sarah Connor's in GoT) and whether or not the T800 was the key to defeating the Night King?

Or were you wondering why Queen Gorgo would defile the memory of Leonidas by marrying Robert Baratheon?

No, no and no.

I didn't recognize any of whom you speak.

the actress who plays Cersei was also the Spartan Queen in the movie '300', married to King Leonidas Gerard Butler in the movie.  In that movie she murdered the white guy from the Wire.

The White Walkers and the Children have employed many mysterious symbols over the years, and we've only been able to guess at their meanings. Now Game of Thrones writer Dave Hill, who wrote the premiere episode "Winterfell," opened up about the significance of these symbols.

"As we saw with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, the spiral pattern was sacred to the Children of the Forest, who created the Night King by sacrificing a captured man in a spiral 'henge of stones.' The Night King then adopted the symbol as a sort of blasphemy, like Satan with the upside-down cross," Hill explained to the New York Post.

We first saw a symbol in the opening scene of the pilot episode, when rangers from the Night's Watch journey beyond the Wall and come across a settlement of dead people, their bodies arranged in a rhombus with a line going through it.

We later see a spiral of dead horse parts, and then we finally get to see the creation of a White Walker when the Night King transforms a baby — at the center of a sacred area with stones arranged in another mysterious order.

All of these symbols gain more significance when Bran Stark sees the creation of the Night Kingby the Children of the Forrest at the center of a spiral, indicating that the threat of the Dead was created by the Children in their battle against the First Men.

It's the Night King mocking the Children of the Forest.

3 hours ago, revat said:

the actress who plays Cersei was also the Spartan Queen in the movie '300', married to King Leonidas Gerard Butler in the movie.  In that movie she murdered the white guy from the Wire.

Yeah and Ned was Ian from National Treasure, but it didn't drop out of nowhere like Ed Sheeran's pointless cameo appearance did.

One ongoing theory is that Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) is actually the Night King. Wright recently visited Jimmy Kimmel Live and shared his own opinions about the popular theory.

"I think he's the Three-Eyed Raven, who is definitely on the side of the living,” he teased.

While Wright may seem good about keeping the secrets, the actor admits the he’s slipped up in the past. He shared some stories about his college experience, and while he ultimately dropped out (it’s not easy trying to have the normal college experience when you’re a Game of Thronesstar), he still has some funny stories to share about his time in school.

“They were just way more interested in talking to me and trying to get spoilers,” he explained of his classmates. “One time, I did accidentally drop a massive spoiler in a maths lesson. I was just talking to my maths teacher, going ‘Yeah, I just became really good friends with this guy Dean, who plays Tommen Baratheon, and such a shame cause he’s dead now,' and they’re like, ‘He’s not dead! He’s very much alive.’”

“It’s hard for a kid to keep secrets like that,” Kimmel replied. “In fact, I feel like I could break you right now,” he joked. “Do you think Bran is 100% good?”

That’s when Wright chimed in saying Bran is on the side of the living, which prompted Kimmel to press the theory.

“A lot of people think Bran might be the Night King.”

“Yeah, I’ve head this,” Wright replied nervously. “I can neither confirm or deny.”

Wright added, “Who says the Night King’s dead?,” which excited Kimmel, but the actor just started laughing and added, “I don’t know! Help me HBO!”

hm

Last weeks episode was an hour long, and tonight's episode is an hour long.

Didn't they say last year that this season (since it's so short) would be extended episodes of 1-1/2 to 2 hours each?  

Did I imagine that?

If I didn't.....then wtf HBO?

39 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Last weeks episode was an hour long, and tonight's episode is an hour long.

Didn't they say last year that this season (since it's so short) would be extended episodes of 1-1/2 to 2 hours each?  

Did I imagine that?

If I didn't.....then wtf HBO?

'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Run Times

From: https://www.inverse.com/article/53955-game-of-thrones-season-8-episodes-runtimes-revealed

• Season 8, Episode 1 (airing on April 14) will be 54 minutes.
  • Season 8, Episode 2 (airing on April 21) will be 58 minutes.
  • Season 8, Episode 3 (airing on April 28) is one hour and 22 minutes.
  • Season 8, Episode 4 (airing on May 5) is one hour and 18 minutes.
  • Season 8, Episode 5 (airing on May 12) is one hour and 20 minutes.
  • Season 8, Episode 6, the finale (airing on May 19), is also one hour and 20 minutes.

Yeah......I get that those are the run times now (that was posted in March of 2019).  If you add all those run times up and divide them by six, that comes out to an average of 72 minutes per episode.  

I'm referring to what they were saying last year about the length of the episodes.  It seems like they were talking about all the episodes being longer than an hour...and some of them quite a bit longer than an hour.  But again, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.  Oh well....we get what we get.

I predict the characters most likely to die next episode are Theon (especially how they made it so dramatic his decision to stay and fight), Brienne (her knighting was a way to send her out on top), Tormund, Gendry, Jorah, and Beric.  I would say the Hound as well but you know he will have to have it out with Ser Gregor before it is all said and done. 

2 hours ago, The Brain said:

Run times posted March 11.

Ahhh....I see that.

But the two posts after that state:

"Dang, so much for the hour and half episodes. At least the last 3 will be close but there were more than a few rumors floating around that all 6 eps would be around 90 mins."

and

"Agreed. I remember them saying every one of the episodes was going to be far more than the regular seasons."

So, I wasn't imagining it......at some point it was indicated that all the episodes were going to be much longer than an hour.

Now that Daenerys knows Jon's secret, and the Night King threat is probably going to wrap up by end of next week, it looks like two conflicts will continue on from there.

- Which Targaryen has a greater claim to the throne going forward?

- How do they remove Cersei Lannister without losing everyone?

But this next episode sounds to be a bloodbath coming.

“It’s brutal,” Peter Dinklage, who stars in the series as Tyrion Lannister, explained in a previous interview. “It makes the Battle of the Bastards look like a theme park.”

That song in Episode 2 was sung by Florence + The Machine (Jenny of Oldstones).

There's talk of this hinting to some decisions to be made by certain characters going forward. So good to check out the lyrics.