• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm borderline shocked that nobody has gone into detail about how their dreams came true when Arya had her first sex scene in this episode.  :whatthe:

Just speaking for myself here, but sex scenes involving women who look 15 don't really do it for me 2c

Ok so... one episode is all battle, (the fall of winterfell I think), which leaves just three more episodes to:

1. Have survivors of winterfell escape and head south. 

2. Settle Aegon/Jon vs Dany.

3. Deal with Cersi and Kings landing (destroy it I think).

4. Conclude the threat of the Night King and army of the dead. 

5. Explain who the COTF are, and why they created white walkers, and WHO the night king really is, what he wants  and how does Bran/3ER fit together. 

6. Tie up the loose ends about the Red Woman, Varys and the "Lord of Light" and "the one who was promised" etc.

7. Reveal whether the "Mad King" was truly mad, or, something else. 

Hmmm..

3 hours ago, jcjames said:

Ok so... one episode is all battle, (the fall of winterfell I think), which leaves just three more episodes to:

5. Explain who the COTF are, and why they created white walkers, and WHO the night king really is, what he wants  and how does Bran/3ER fit together. 

6. Tie up the loose ends about the Red Woman, Varys and the "Lord of Light" and "the one who was promised" etc.

Hmmm..

I think they will leave some things unanswered for George RR Martin to resolve.  The show just needs to answer the one and only question...who will be on the iron throne when all is done.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I forget who posted this in the thread. But the suggestion Arya uses Jaime's face in order to get close to Cersei was quite interesting. I had never thought of that before then.

:acclaim:

58 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I think they will leave some things unanswered for George RR Martin to resolve.  The show just needs to answer the one and only question...who will be on the iron throne when all is done.

Personally I don't think there's going to BE an iron throne at the end.

17 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

What if....

The Night King has dispatched his army to Winterfell while he had riden his ice-zombified Viserion to Kings Landing? That would be a smart way to go. Take down the city and your force again increases exponentially. 

Excellent - attack the enemy rear and then converge on them from two directions. Mankind would be in even more of a world of hurt.

Bran is the key, I think - not only his recorded human memory, but also his mystical capabilities (these two probably tie-in together). As acknowledged, the Night King has made Bran a priority. 

1 minute ago, sacentaur said:

Excellent - attack the enemy rear and then converge on them from two directions. Mankind would be in even more of a world of hurt.

Bran is the key, I think - not only his recorded human memory, but also his mystical capabilities (these two probably tie-in together). As acknowledged, the Night King has made Bran a priority. 

Agreed. I don’t think he’s headed for Kings Landing but that would have been interesting for sure. 

28 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Agreed. I don’t think he’s headed for Kings Landing but that would have been interesting for sure. 

Doesn't Bran already know what the Night King's next move will be considering he can see what's going on in the Present?

That's why he knows the Night King is coming for him.

39 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Doesn't Bran already know what the Night King's next move will be considering he can see what's going on in the Present?

That's why he knows the Night King is coming for him.

If Bran has a telepathic connection to know the Night King's thoughts and intentions (that he's coming for him), then he probably also knows more about the Night King than he's letting on to the rest (and to us).

I have 2 theories.

1) Multiple times the idea has been thrown around that the seven kingdoms could only be run by a 'stable couple'

Now that initially was going to be Jon (Stark/Baratheon) and Danerys (Targarian) - be we now know that as relations, this will never happen. Sansa will see to that!

However, perhaps we did see the couple suggested

A true daughter of the North and a true son of a king.

Arya and Gendry.

All that would be needed was Jon's blessing. The Lannisters imho are all goners come seasons end (hopefully except Tyrion)

Arya + Gendry on the throne, Tyrion as hand, Jon as Warden of the North.

Arya and Gendry's child (with Jons blessing) combining all families effectively and peace rules.

2) The Night Kings are a regular occurance. Once the 7 kingdoms reach a certain technical and population level the king awakes and smacks mankind back to the caves - and returns to sleep again.

Cave drawings, stone carvings seen could be thousands of years old.

The children of the Forest admitted creating the Night King - but never when.

Seeing as the previous 3 eyed raven had been there for 'a thousand years' - could this not be a regular cycle - winter comes, destroys and retreats to sleep again.

Gendry has been kept as a minor character for such a long time, but has been much more prominent of late (S7 and now) - Sir Davos saved him for a reason. To be King to Arya's Queen.

Deaths next week - Breanne, Jamie, Sir Davos, Danerys, Sansa, Theon and Podrick.

2c

10 hours ago, jcjames said:

Hmmm..

#5 they have already explained in the show. The Children were at war with men at the time and they created the White Walkers to combat men. As to whether or not the Night King is a Stark or not? coming soon to a HBO near you. :) 

12 hours ago, jcjames said:

I've been assuming they're the equivalent of Tolkien's ents, i.e. a living embodiment of the Earth who symbolize the harm done by man to the environment, but unlike the ents their intent is to reset things by wiping out humanity entirely.  I guess we'll find out, but if that's Martin's intent, it makes the impending battle so much more dramatic if their ultimate intent is for everyone to die.

8 hours ago, marvelcollector said:
  Hide contents

I don't think anybody major/ moderately major died in the first two episodes,

That must be a record for GOT.

My money's on them setting a new record for the average number of deaths in a season by the end of episode 3.  

7 hours ago, bentbryan said:

What if....

The Night King has dispatched his army to Winterfell while he had riden his ice-zombified Viserion to Kings Landing? That would be a smart way to go. Take down the city and your force again increases exponentially. 

If Cersei hasn't built DOZENS of those dragon-slaying missile catapults by now all over the city then she doesn't deserve the throne.  She's known since Jaime's army got slaughtered she'd have to deal with them.

This friggin' undead army has been marching south for almost a decade now...if I don't see them kill at least ten major characters, I'm going to demand a refund on eight years' worth of subscription fees from HBO.  :sumo:  :mad:

Edited by fantastic_four