• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,371 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

Melisandre to Varys "I have to die in this strange country (Westeros), just like you." :devil:

I get an unsettling feeling that not much will be settled when the series ends. :|

Except for lots of dead major characters.  :frown:

Something I’ve been wondering is whether Arya would have the ability to take on the face of the night king, and possibly lead the army of the dead into an ambush or something similar? Or. Would he be too sophisticated / immune to that sort of thing?

am I the only one who wants the white walkers to win? Who knows, maybe they are possibly the good guys? Even if not, I hope they are victorious. I’ve always been the type to root for the bad guys in films and this is no different. I hope there’s a reveal about how the 7 kingdoms are rightfully theirs. 

A stretch, I know, but a man can dream, right?

16 hours ago, Foley said:

Something I’ve been wondering is whether Arya would have the ability to take on the face of the night king, and possibly lead the army of the dead into an ambush or something similar? Or. Would he be too sophisticated / immune to that sort of thing?

She would have to kill him first in order to get his face.  And haven't they already hinted that if he is killed, then all of those that came after him will "die" as well?

On 4/26/2019 at 10:53 AM, Catwomancomics said:

It would be interesting to see Gendry, Arya and Melisandre all together and how it would play out.

Threesome! :banana:

It's reportedly the longest battle sequence ever put on film

The first two episodes this season were each under an hour, with minimal bloodshed. This one is around 80 minutes -- pretty much all of it wall-to-wall combat. The "Game of Thrones" producers believe it's the longest consecutive battle sequence ever committed to film.

Director Miguel Sapochnik told Entertainment Weekly he tried and failed to find a longer battle scene in a movie. The closest was the 40-minute siege of Helm's Deep in 2002's "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," which has long been a gold standard for epic cinematic battles.

The choice of Sapochnik as director also has heightened expectations. He shot "Hardhome" and "Battle of the Bastards" -- arguably the two most intense and acclaimed action sequences the show has done til now.

Some favorite characters will die

Unless you were really attached to little Ned Umber, nobody of consequence has died so far in this final season. That's about to change.

Some two dozen key characters are in harm's way at Winterfell, and it seems highly unlikely that all of them will survive. So who's in the most jeopardy?

It realigns the chessboard for the series' endgame

Three episodes remain after the Battle of Winterfell. The fact that this battle comes now -- and not, say, during the final or penultimate episode -- is hugely significant. We can assume the White Walkers don't wipe out everybody in the north, because nobody wants a Night King vs. Cersei finale.

So, as we suspected all along, the show's ultimate clash is likely not with the Army of the Dead. It's between the ambitious humans of Westeros over who -- if anyone -- will sit on the Iron Throne at the end. Yes, whoever survives will have to deal with Cersei, who is sipping wine and amassing her army-for-hire in the south. And assuming they're both alive, Jon Snow and his queen/lover/aunt/rival Daenerys have some unfinished business as well.

Man, there are some big and fast events going to take place to wrap this up.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

Man, some people really apply some very well thought out logic to key scenes that otherwise would be treated as just some dialogue to fill screen time.

There is some thinking here about that mercenary army at Kings Landing, and who they may be truly aligned with for the sake of keeping investments and aligning with a stronger throne candidate.

Wow, this is a great post.  This could very well be the biggest blind side of the series.

21 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Wow, this is a great post.  This could very well be the biggest blind side of the series.

hm Hmmmm ... Some people seem to be quite qualified to give lectures on the financial state of Westeros!  Some big coin being bidded upon by the powers that be.

50 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Right? What a twist this would be if Cersei commands her contracted army to attack, and instead they turn on her like Little Finger and the king's guards.

It would be the ultimate in paybacks throughout a show packed with twists and turns.

Varys actor Conleth Hill opened up about this upcoming episode, when the Night King's forces will finally clash with the united armies of Westeros, and warned fans of an even bigger threat than the White Walkers. And it's one that's been brewing under their noses this entire time; Cersei Lannister.

"There’s no talking to her… she’s the biggest threat to stability," Hill told TV Line. "Even at the end of [Season] 7, there seems to be a coming together of everyone but her."

Hill pointed out the fact that everyone decided to send their armies north to Winterfell to take a united stand against the White Walkers. But Cersei and her new betrothed Euron Greyjoy decide to recruit the Golden Company, an army of mercenaries, and they might just ruin everything in the battle against the dead.

Hill admitted that Varys is "frightened of her," adding that "he’s aware of how dangerous she is, and how bad she is."

No surprise there. But again about that Golden Company being Cersei's protector going forward...hm

Holy!

Game of Thrones Theory Claims the Night King Is Actually...

Game of Thrones' final season is building up to a pretty epic battle as it is, but a new fan theory could add an even more complicated layer to things. As Reddit user TryinToBeHappy recently suggested, the identity of the ever-mysterious Night King could be tied even more to established Thrones lore -- specifically, as ...

Spoiler